Paige the fox, aka Monopoly’s questionable artwork part 2

No war planning here. Any talk of it was also meant for LOLs. I hoped nobody took that too seriously but I guess I need to put /s on stuff just for people to understand.

4 Likes

let it all burn

2 Likes

Wait were people actually serious about all that war stuff? I thought it was all just a joke done in good fun.

As long as it isn’t hurting anyone, no one should be harassed just because they wanted to share their art.

8 Likes

I think it may have seemed that way to most people watching everything unfold, but behind the scenes it was pretty much literal hell

A lot of crucial events took place within pms, meaning quite a few things weren’t widely known about

some of the worst bits off the top of my head were the (three?) treaties, the bat pm invasion and the entirety of bat o’clock

I absolutely hated it and to this day I still kinda regret posting the bats in the first place

9 Likes

Then why do you keep posting this kind of art? Regardless of anyone’s stance/thoughts on the bats, the commonalities between your recent art and the bats are obvious. Either accept a war (real or joke) is out of your control and post whatever art you want, or don’t post art that could easily cause history to repeat itself.

4 Likes

Some of us are serious about the war, though some (like myself) really just got dragged into it when we accidentally triggered a treaty that we were not informed of in time. Some others got mad about this, and it escalated quickly, until @Chronicler began making drawings of his radioactive experiments with our characters, and everyone kind of stopped fighting then. It still annoys me, though, because I hadn’t been told about the treaty until after I “broke” it, and some people did not try very hard to inform me of it prior to that. (If this happens again, there may be actual consequences for certain characters)…

On a happier note, at least we have got a few good designs out of this.

1 Like

You could just let people post what they want to post, without reacting negatively for no real reason.
You might not like this type of art, but others might.
An artist shouldn’t be attacked over art (as long as the art is not attacking others, or harmful).

6 Likes

My or other’s reaction to the art really has nothing to do with my point. Monopoly has created this situation whether he likes it or not. Sure others can be blamed as well, but that doesn’t absolve him. My point is that Monopoly should accept what he’s doing instead of getting stressed about other people’s reactions. To not do that is just disingenuous. I have little sympathy for false regret.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s the art that causes behavioral repetition. I think it’s the choices of a select few that drive the narrative in that direction. The art invites a number of responses, as all things do, but we as individuals are not intrinsically obligated to respond this way or that. We can choose a peaceful silence and go on with our lives, or we choose an aggressive voice for a brief moment of personal entertainment. One of these makes this community an advantageous setting for everyone; the other dissolves it. It comes down to the attitude of the one responding.

It really is no wonder Monopoly got defensive of his work: all he wants to do is express and refine his artistic abilities, yet too many times it’s been weaponized against him. Maybe that wasn’t the intention, but it’s become the result, to some degree or another. Intentions, however good they may be, do not define the space we occupy. We have to be conscious of the effect we have on the space we share with each other.

4 Likes

No need to sugar coat it, if you don’t think this sort of work should be welcome here, just say it.

2 Likes

Assuming that this is done finally, I’m going to actually address the artwork now

I would like to see you attempt something non-humanoid so I have something to compare to, because all your humanoid ones initially began with a very strange slope in the stance and all of them have exaggerated thighs, outside of possibly a couple exceptions. The existence of two different shading colors as well as a gradient for the flat is a huge step up from the basic shading on your previous drawings, and works well considering most artwork that uses gradients for flats I really don’t like (NickOn’s art style, for instance, gives me a headache to look at).

However the greatest improvement is actual detectable pen pressure sensitivity, which makes for a significantly better lineart than before. The elbows are funky, but they’re an example that you’re really getting comfortable with making lineart that doesn’t just outline a character.

I hate it.

But good job on the skills.

7 Likes

Let’s not go overboard, please…

3 Likes

We’ve received multiple flags in regard to this topic due to the arguments/fights being had here. While this topic is staying open, if any of y’all are still having disagreements, please take them to DMs. If another argument breaks out in this topic, I will be shutting it down

16 Likes

guys can we just like

let monopoly make what he wants to

10 Likes

It isn’t nsfw or anything so i see no reason to get angry at it

6 Likes

The most based take in this entire topic so far

Anyways, I genuinely like this artwork. If nothing else, it’s really well-made. And good-looking. Seeing The consistent improvement of Monopoly’s art over the course of the last few years has been a real pleasure. Kind of inspirational, even

Keep up the great work my man! And never let anyone discourage you from creating

12 Likes

i liked bat’o’clock :cry:

anyway you’re british start drawing warhammer or doctor who
i want a tyranid drawn by the end of the week, monopoly
a dalek by the end of the month

5 Likes

I have never once interacted with either of those franchises

7 Likes

well you better get started
tyranids would look quite good in your style

4 Likes

hecking YES and in General just don’t bother any furrys who ain’t hurting no one or anyone really

THIS ALSO

oh yeah achually art… you know I’m already gonna say it’s really good

6 Likes