Paige the fox, aka Monopoly’s questionable artwork part 2

I wonder why

1 Like

the power of the simping causes much talk

2 Likes

oh…GOSH CURSE YOU TEXT TO SPEECH!!!

No, not every anthropomorphic animal is a furry (although nowadays it’s hard to tell the difference). I tend to point to Disney’s “Robin Hood” as a staple of non-furry art. Animals standing upright and taking on human characteristics, but still appears as mostly the animal it portrays. Or those medieval illuminated manuscripts with the funny animals.

This, for example, isn’t furry art to me. It is a rabbit playing a lyre but it is merely an animal standing upright like a human, doing a silly thing a human would do.

Furry art is when it either starts to have a body that resembles a human more than an animal or becomes sexualized. What monopoly drew is clearly meant to resemble a human woman’s physicality, as the hips are something very distinct to the sexual dimorphism in women.

Let us compare our foxes.

Maid Marion in the Disney film may be dressed as a woman and appear to have her lashes done, but besides the use of make-up and dressing as a woman, physically she displays no human dimorphic differences than Robin Hood, as foxes do not display that. Therefore, Marion there is more fox-like, and I would count it as a harmless anthropomorph.

Meanwhile Monopoly clearly was basing this character of what is meant to resemble a woman’s: the slender upper body and arms, wide hips and thighs, and slender legs, as well as use of eyebrows and eyelashes. Only the last two I cannot fault him on, as most anthropomorphs I have seen display brows and lashes, as the eyes and brows display the most expressions of emotions in our faces. Hence, I would consider what Monopoly drew “furry.”

There is also intent behind furry art, but that is subjective to many. I personally think the intent is also there, but I digress.

8 Likes

someone remind me why all this is bad again

1 Like

Because Monopoly is trying to incite a war for one purpose: for the LOLs.

We have to stop him.

That and I think furry art is creepy but that’s personal preference.

5 Likes

It takes two sides to make a war, you know

1 Like

Personally I see no better reason to do something than for the sheer fun of it. I see nothing wrong here.

3 Likes

Tell that to Poland.

3 Likes

what does poland have to do with any of this

Poland was invaded in 1939 by the Germans. It started World War 2. It had no intention of starting a war over it’s sovereignty. Just pointing out how your statement falls very flat, as it implies there has to be two aggressors.

Anyways this is getting off topic.

4 Likes

That’s not war, that was an invasion, which led to war.

also yeah you’re right about the off topic one though, this whole argument is quite frankly ridiculous

1 Like

Poland was defending itself against the German army, who was leading an armed incursion. Invasions of the levels the Germans were doing are an act of war. So yes, it was very much a war. There is no way around this, sometimes wars involved a one-sided aggression.

Now I’m not comparing Monopoly to this. I’m saying he’s doing stuff for the LOLs.

3 Likes

And there’s your two sides. Anyways is there really anyone other than you or sonus who are really bothered by this? Like, enough to complain on every topic they see?

1 Like

those were made by coke addicts and you can’t convince me otherwise

6 Likes

They didn’t have coca-cola in the middle ages.

However they did have very bored monks and scribes.

3 Likes

credit: cocaine.org

not saying it happened

but it could’ve

6 Likes

you know Europeans didn’t contact the Andres until like 1528 AD right

1 Like

I sit on the same page as well, I’m a big Redwall fan and in that, the characters from the way they are described are like your example of Disney’s Marian, they have thumbs and emote like people etc. but very clearly still have the posture and some of the mannerisms of their animal counterparts, other examples would be Richard Scary’s: Busytown series or Beatrix Potter’s stories.

This topic is getting a bit off…well off-topic so maybe some of these conversations can be put in their own topics or something.

5 Likes

something something two sides of a war misrepresenting the argument I’m right.

this is getting wildly off topic we need to keep gagging at monopoly’s work

4 Likes