Paints for LEGO Pieces

I use citadel paints pretty often, and I can confirm that kantor blue is a pretty close match for metru blue.

4 Likes

Not a paint, but still interesting none the less.

I found that dry erase markers turn my trans neon green part trans dark green and my trans blue parts a translucent turquoise. Still haven’t found a good trans purple marker/paint, but I found a good lead that can allow for relatively easier cleaning.

10 Likes

Wow, that looks so similar to the original trans-green! How well does light pipe through the back if you leave it uncolored?

Nice idea there! I tried a green Expo on a trans neon green stalk and it turned into a very similar color to trans bright green.

Here’s a view of the light piping, as well as showing how it would work on a blended part.

4 Likes

Onua looks cooler with dark green eyes.

2 Likes

That’s really cool! I’ll have to try that out sometime.

1 Like

I’ve almost found a trans purple marker. Ultra Violet from Electro Pop Sharpies.

It only works on Trans Blue; if I use it on a trans clear part, it turns almost Trans Dark Pink.

15 Likes

Excellent! thats pretty darn cool man.

1 Like

When I painted my Noble Huna, I used some copper wire and stuck it into the hole in the stud connector that is on each '01/'02 mask. I also drilled a hole into the center of an axle so I could connect that to the wire as well as making the mask fit better on a Metru head. You could find another alternative to the copper wire and bend it, enabling you to paint the back. I don’t have any images, but once I do, I can show you the method I used. Hope that helped.

Also, does anyone know a paint similar to Metallic Green?

And Chrome Green?

4 Likes

what paint can I use for making something the pearl gold?

can I get a pic of that?

I think Citadel’s Glistening Green would work (Don’t know if they still make that)

Which gold is this? I can’t remember

1 Like

The gold used in every bionicle g2 set which has gold

1 Like

Brutaka gold

1 Like

I believe then that Auric armour will do the trick. Now, with citadel paints, thinking and drybrushing can be used to aquire a more Lego like look

I dont think we have that paint in spain

1 Like

You can order it online, either from GW’s website, or like, Amazon

pfff 7€ for a lil bottle of paint, Ill think about it

Do you have any examples of what this gold looks like on Lego?

Actually you can just attach the stud to a Technic hole - it fits last time I checked but is probably prone to falling off.

Does anybody know of a good gunmetal (pearl dark grey) colour too?

1 Like

Right here!