Pakirasa Soldier

Pakirasa Soldiers can normally be found wherever common Pakirasa are. However, the number of Pakirasa Soldiers may vary between swarms, with some having none, and others several dozen of them. It is believed that this is directly related to the environment, with Soldiers being more numerous in regions where the Pakirasa have to face other Rahi.

Pakirasa Soldiers are extremely aggressive, utilizing the organ for seismic sense located in their abdomen to locate any intruders in the Pakirasa’s tunnel networks. This aggressiveness is further heightened by the fact that unlike the Workers, Soldiers do not only consume crystals, but are carnivorous. Some even leave their tunnels at night to hunt on the surface.

As Pakirasa Workers, Pakirasa Soldiers possess excellent Night Vision, but fare poorly in bright environments. Their armor is less gappy than that of the Workers, and makes them nearly invincible to normal weaponry. Elemental effects can quickly overcome the Soldiers, however. In combat, they rely on their dangerous claws to hurt opponents before finishing them off with their powerful mandibles. Pakirasa Soldiers also have an additional secret weapon, however - they can temporarily increase their own weight to deal powerful blows or resist being moved.

Matoran usually do not stand a chance against Pakirasa Soldiers, and multiple can easily become dangerous even for Toa. If one nonetheless manages to overcome a Pakirasa Soldier, its armor plates are a valuable resource, however. They can be used to craft armor, or be carved into functional Kanohi, as some of the Weight Increase Power lingers in them. The residual power is not strong enough for Noble or Great Masks, but it is a valuable potential local source for powerless masks in rural regions. Some members of non-Matoran species have even made a trade out of hunting Pakirasa Soldiers and selling their armor plates to Matoran.

And size comparison:

So, as promised, here’s that Pakirasa Soldier. Added lots of silver to make it look more armored up. Slight redesigns of the torso because of that, too. Also, of course, the pincers and the different forehead set it apart from the Worker. I think the goal of making it similar yet different was achieved.

Next up the King… already have an idea for the head, now I just have to make it work…

And of course as always - C&C appreciated!

42 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

like last time, that head is gnarly!

I like how there are different ranks within this species, and I’m excited to see the king.

1 Like

cool bug/10

2 Likes

Make photo of both, I need to see the swarm.

As nice as previous one. Claws are very nicely revorked. The more I look at them the more I like them, and wish Carapar had such a claw.

1 Like

I unfortunately do not have the parts to build more than one at a time. So I actually turned the Worker into the Soldier.

Once the King is done, I’ll see about creating a side by side comparison with the pictures, though.

The head is, again, fantastic, and the pincers are sweet, but for some reason my favorite part is the gear used behind its neck. Great texture. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is amazing, I think you’ve pulled of the armoured look very well. The back look so nice 10/10, can’t wait to see the king or would it be a queen?

1 Like

gives off a very similar vibe to the silver chute spider, I like.

2 Likes