Phantoka and Mistika G2 Revamps - Part 1: Toa

Hi everyone! My name is aqepo, and this is my first post here, so I hope I’m not doing anything wrong. Please let me know if I should change this topic in any way :wink:

This is the first part of a series of revamps I’ve recently done of the Phantoka and Mistika sets in the CCBS style of BIONICLE G2. In this thread I’ll post my revamps of the six Toa. I have to mention that these are heavily based on Lewis Hammond’s Tahu Mistika revamp.

You can click on the images to go to my flickr profile, where you can find some more.

Without further ado, here they are!

TPO
LKG

I hope you enjoy my take on these characters. Next week I’ll post my revamps of the six Makuta. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

49 Likes

Welcome to the boards! You’ve posted everything nicely.
The MOCs are great, very cohesive. Onua is strange, but unique, I really like him. They resemble their Nuva and Mata forms better than original sets. I don’t like Gali though, she is too changed. Also, where are guns?! Plus I personnaly think Lewa’s original feet would fit him better.

2 Likes

I must disagree; I never liked that gali mistika lacked a melee weapon, so I’m glad to see one here; and one reminiscent of her nuva weapon, too.

Not a fan of onua’s weapon, though; I just can’t see him using saws.

Hmmmm, I dunno, these are too alike in terms of torso construction. Perhaps some inside photos will help?

You gave them proper toa weapons :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks! Onua has always been my favourite character, and he’s also my favourite of the bunch here, so I’m glad you like him. Could you go into more detail about why you think Gali is too changed? I mean, apart from weapons, I tried to imitate their 2008 appearance as much as possible. One of the differences, as you mention with Lewa, was their feet, since I wanted all of them to have their feet in the same colour as their masks. The guns are gone… well, because I never really liked them in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, as cool as they look, Onua’s weapons are the least reminiscent of his Nuva chainsaws, but it was the only thing I could come up that was at least similar.

I’m afraid all of these are disassembled by now, but you can have a better look at their torsos on my flickr profile. However, you’re right in that they all share the same torso construction, the only exception being Pohatu. However, that was one of my objectives. I didn’t really like how each Toa looked completely different in 2008, whereas in their previous incarnations they looked pretty much the same. I tried to replicate any differences they had in their 2001 and 2002 forms though, such as Onua’s hunchback or Pohatu’s torso construction making him shorter.

Thanks! Yeah, my main gripe with their 2008 forms was the weapons, or in the case of 3 of the Toa, the lack of one. My aim was to create updated versions of their Nuva weapons, and in some cases, such as Kopaka, Pohatu or Onua, try to incorporate them into their flying function.

BeFunky-collage

2 Likes

@aqepo @Racie02
I agree that Gali set is not very good one, but those MOCs are revamps (right?). Thus, they snould resemble the originall sets. Gali has identical legs and arms in Nuva form and very similar legs and arms in Mistika form, while here her limbs are pretty different. Aslo, in Mistika form Gali is very short. Because of all this I think she is the most changed. Good, but changed.

P. s. aqepo, Onua is my favorite Toa Mata too :stuck_out_tongue:

Love these designs, it’s clear a lot of thought and care was put into these.

These look clean and well thought out. I’m surprised at how well CCBS pieces work for Phantoka/Mistika, actually. I can’t quite tell based on the angles, but there doesn’t look like there’s much substance behind the lower torso armor–that’s not really here or there, though. I really like Gorast’s wings as blades for Lewa.