Phasmid - Plague Mech: Kappa

A unit designed to counter ranged weaponry. Due to its slender design and mobility, it’s a difficult target to hit from a distance. As the design sacrifices strength, Phasmid relies on stealth to take its foes by surprise.

My entry to @Jayfa’s plague mech contest. Modeled after phasmids aka stick insects.

55 Likes

this looks awesome

3 Likes

Sweet! Do the blades fold out?

1 Like

Looks great!

1 Like

WAIT, THAT THING CAN STAND. Impressive design and excellent head construction, well done with this moc, the one downside to me is that their aren’t many accents aside from the gold and the eyes.

1 Like

Nope. They’re blade arms.

Admittedly there are some stability issues as posing him during the photoshoot was annoying. Mostly due to his ankles, my part choice wasn’t the best there. I need to swap the pieces connecting to the ankle balljoints into something with an axle. The hips could also use friction joints, but it’s not that viable to place there due to the design.

My accent color of choice was dark brown, because I wanted to use those CCBS shells I had laying around in abundance. Not very colorful, truth be told, which is why I went with a stealth theme.

1 Like

The blade arms look fantastic

1 Like

HOW IN MATA NUI’S NAME CAN THAT STAND.

1 Like

It just does.

I do wonder what makes it look like it doesn’t. :thinking:

his tiny feet

Feet primarily need length to balance their owner. Length-wise they’re no different from set feet. :thinking: A one-leg stand would be impossible though.