Pirates of Arvodia: A LEGO World Builder Project

Thank you. I had Captain Jack Sparrow in mind, when I was drawing this character, so they have similar feel.

2 Likes

We almost finished the design for another one of the characters. This one was created by @Toa_Radrix:

1 Like

Alright, the design for our main character is finally finished. He was designed and drawn by me.

5 Likes

Why the serrations on the cutlass?

1 Like

Just for the looks, it seemed too plain without them. They add some variation to the design.

3 Likes

UPDATE: I just wrote a draft of the plot and history of our theme.

When the great King Vasilius of the {name} kingdom dies of old age, an evil usurper brutally takes over the throne. Princess Hadriana, the rightful heir to the throne of the kingdom, is forced to flee for her life, hoping to return someday and reclaim her throne.
After joining forces with the young pirate captain Judah Benbow and his band of misfit pirates, they come up with a plan to recover the legendary Heart of the Sea, an ancient mystical gemstone that can grant its user the control over the entire sea and its inhabitants.
Determined to find this ancient gem, the crew will face many great dangers on their journey, fighting giant sea monsters in order to recover ancient keys, while also being chased by the usurper’s evil forces. Can this fugitive princess and her pirate friends recover the ancient gemstone in time and defeat the usurper once and for all?

For centuries, the island kingdom of {name} and the underwater kingdom of {name} have lived in peace. Poseidon, the powerful king of the ocean, has offered his mermaid daughter in marriage to King Vasilius as a symbol of their alliance.
But after a major disagreement between the two rulers, the two kingdoms started to distance themselves more and more from each other, until the people of those kingdoms completely forgot about the existence of their former friends. Only the kings and the elders still remembered how it was once. In the minds of the common people, the mighty underwater kingdom of Poseidon had become nothing but a fairy tale.
King Vasilius and his wife lived happily together, until the queen gave birth to a little princess. But the birth had severely weakened the queen who fell ill and died. The princess grew up without a mother, and in complete ignorance about her mermaid ancestry.
As Poseidon grew older and older, he decided to put all his power into a single gemstone, which contained the power to control the entire sea and the creatures living in it. Because he wanted to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands, he hid the gem in a cave on a secret island, which could only be unlocked by four magical keys. Each of the four keys were given to four sea creatures: Kraken, Cetus, Megalodon, and Leviathan. The four creatures would guard the keys for eternity, unless defeated.
After ruling for almost 300 years, Poseidon died of old age, with his power preserved in the gemstone. His son, Triton, succeeded the throne, but he lacked his father’s amazing powers and wisdom.

If you’ve got any thoughts or criticisms, feel free to share them.

7 Likes

The timeline here makes no sense, unless Vasilius ruled for a long time compared to the irl age of a human. It takes more than a generation for two kingdoms to just … forget about each other.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out! In this universe, people of royal bloodline can live far longer lives than normal people. Therefore, Poseidon who is a more god-like figure, can live up to 300 years, while Vasilius can live up to about 120 years or so. I think that’s more than enough time for the two kingdoms to forget about each other.
But yeah, that wasn’t made very clear in my original text, so thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

built a new monster for the theme

11 Likes

wait where’s the key?

oh wait I forgot we were still doing keys

1 Like

Here is a little sneak peak at how the character pages for our theme are going to look like:

4 Likes

(Sorry mods for double posting, but there was nothing I could do)

We have created another character, Princess Hadriana, designed by @Sabretooth

8 Likes

Its been a while since I posted any updates here, so here is everything we’ve: done in the meantime (created by @NOTaHFfan and @Toa_Radrix)

We also have one of the locations:

Thoughts and Criticisms are welcome.

8 Likes

I always though it’d be cool if a character wielded an anchor as a weapon

All of the artwork is incredible :smiley:

3 Likes

Very interesting so far

1 Like

More updates:

8 Likes

After 6 long months of working, our project has finally been completed, and has been submitted to LEGO via Pitch Fest. It can now be viewed publicly on LEGO World Builder:
https://worldbuilder.tongal.com/world/8ff100ad-3233-4c1d-ab0f-fd77224ee424

(The poster was done as a commission by @specterL)

14 Likes

Fantastic coverart. The Character designs are all very dynamic.

6 Likes

I saw your project made it to the 20 contestants of the Pitch Fest! Congrats dude! Hopefully you make it into the final four.

4 Likes