Pirates of Arvodia: A LEGO World Builder Project

I have recently teamed up with a couple of friends in order to create a pitch for a new LEGO theme to submit to the new LEGO World Builder platform: Fantasy Pirates.
The basic idea of the theme is about a group of Pirates who travel across the seas in search of a secret island, and encounter various Sea Monsters and other dangers on the way.

Here is the theme logo, created by @NOTaHFfan

We also have an early prototype design for a Kraken set, created by @Toa_Good_Guy:

We are still very early in development with this project, so it’s going to be while until we actually have a good-looking pitch that would be posted on LEGO World Builder. In the meantime though, we still need help with things such as character design, artwork, story ideas, and set design. If you can help out with any of those things, feel free to DM me, and I’ll give you a link to our Discord server dedicated to this project.
What are your thoughts on this project? Are there any potential ideas for the theme you would like to suggest us? Feel free to share your thoughts.

I will also post updates to this thread as the project progresses.

24 Likes

I like the concept so far, but I feel like it could use a better name

4 Likes

I know, but we haven’t been able to come up with a good-sounding name yet. When we came up with one, we will definitely change that name.

2 Likes

Perhaps Pirates of Bermuda?

In reference to the Bermuda Triangle and all the legends and myths around it?

4 Likes

what’s the island called?

For the name you could take ispiration from some legendary monsters like the Leviathan or the Beemot (if it liked pop it would be called the Bheeheemot)

1 Like

I’d be down to help with story and worldbuilding and such. Lmk if you’d like some help.

1 Like

I would also like to help with that

1 Like

@LegoDavid I’d suggest naming the theme after the name of the island, or something like “Pirates Of [island name]”

These are some things I suggest thinking about while you develop the theme:

Why are the pirates traveling to the island? What’s special about the island?

What makes this theme unique? What makes it it different from other pirate themes, or other adventure themes like Atlantis?

Or, Quest for [island name]

1 Like

On the Island, a very important item is hidden, which is the thing the Pirates have been seeking for their entire lives. Not sure yet what that item is, but we’ll figure something out.

Unlike other LEGO Pirate themes, it’s gonna have more unique ships designs, a lot of fantasy elements (such as Sea Monsters, Cursed Pirates, etc), and it’s also going to have a more well-defined cast of characters that are going to be the driving force of the story.

3 Likes

Are Pirates the main focus or will there be other species/tribes like Seafolk and Vikings?

EDIT: Oops, you already addressed it.

Anyways, I’m all for this project! There’s definitely been a void in LEGO Pirate-Related sets. Let me know if you’d like some volunteer help for concept design and story ideas!

1 Like

UPDATE:

We almost finished the design for the main character in the theme, the Pirate Captain, designed by @NOTaHFfan:

Any thoughts?

8 Likes

Looks great I have to say.

The artwork is really good, but he doesn’t have many distinguishing features. Being the main character, I think he should stand out more, and be an immediately recognizable character.

1 Like

Here’s a higher quality picture:

@Atobe_Brick he is going to stand out a lot compared to his team, because all of them will have very unique designs, different from each other.

5 Likes

What if the characters were color-coordinated? like, they look like pirates, but maybe they could have their hats a specific color, or there capes?

@NOTaHFfan this is bad, but maybe something like this, where the leader is red, the lancer is white, the big guy is green, the heart is blue, and the smart guy is purple. (all taken from the 5 man band trope)

3 Likes

You are a part of the group, why are you suggesting it here?

Either way, I don’t think that any kind of colour coordination is really needed, because the characters will be unique enough without it, but still I like the red clothes more:

4 Likes

I don’t really know.

1 Like

He looks astounding, getting some real Jack Sparrow vibes from this!

2 Likes