Plague Mech Lambda: Locust

This is my entry for Jayfa’s Plague Mech contest on Instagram. The Locust unit is deployed by Artillerix in swarms to burn down enemy resources. Equipped with an arm-mounted flamethrower, titanium blade, shoulder cannons, durable armor, and a cutting-edge jet propulsion system, these mechs are a force to be feared on the battlefield.

I’ve wanted to make a plague mech for a while now. It’s such a neat concept, and they always look so cool. I couldn’t be happier with how mine turned out. R.I.P. Cragger’s Command Ship. You had a good run on my dresser, but I needed your green. Anyway, let me know how you feel about it!

47 Likes

This is awesome. Also how’d you edit in the glow?

1 Like

This is a pretty neat entry, only one I’ve seen in olive green too!

I dig the weapon arm, but I feel like the silver there kinda detracts a bit. Otherwise, colors are very nicely organized and layered.

Best of luck in the contest!

2 Likes

Thanks! [quote=“Mittens, post:3, topic:44582”]
only one I’ve seen in olive green too!
[/quote] Yeah, I noticed none of the other entries had olive green, and then saw that I had a big olive green boat just ripe for destruction.[quote=“Mittens, post:3, topic:44582”]
silver there kinda detracts a bit.
[/quote] I was kind of iffy there myself, but I figured since it’s still a muted color and it’s on a weapon it would be fine. If I find a good black piece to use, I may swap it out.

[quote=“Mittens, post:3, topic:44582”]
Best of luck in the contest!
[/quote] Good luck to you as well! Your Tarantula Hawk is killer.

2 Likes

Excellent work with the colours, sword and wings, good luck to you!

1 Like

The color scheme is excellent and the detail on the model when viewed from the front is very good. I do wish the level of detail on the back matched. I recommend covering the backs of those light gray pins on the lower torso, and maybe replacing the dark grey system plates on the shoulders with another color. Overall this model is very impressive.

1 Like

This is really good, I like the colour scheme and the weapons. The build is pretty good too.

1 Like