PlanetSide 2

I remember that in 2011, wich was the pivotal year of my life into the state it is now, i was extremely hyped for a game that just looked so incredible and ingenius, with a concept that i could but wonder why nobody came up with earlier and made it into a game (because i seriously think that about 90¨% of boys thought of that concept when growing up).
And that game was Planetside 2, and Spacey MMOFPS planeterial control … game.
Anyways i used to play it a bunch with a few pals, we were having barrels of laugh and all that, untill we ust kinda stoped. But for some reason, i thought of it and remembered there was some sort of Squad/Platoon/Division system, and so i thought there could be a TTV (fan) group of players going aroud and showing the rest of 'em what we’re capable of.
Or maybe i’m overthinking this.
Anyhow, what were your impressions on the game ?

I downloaded this game last year. I remember it being super laggy and boring.

Planetside 2 has an amazing concept, but the game itself is horribly optimized. Very few computers can handle its graphics.

Yeah, i remember that I couldn’t aim at all in big battles, such lag, but me and my friends captured, most of the time, zones with few players around it, but we still got a heckton of fun from it.

A TTV squad would be pretty amazing, but I doubt many here have the specs and interest to run it. I like the game, but I’m just one guy, y’know?

There is a way to make the graphics even more optimal than just the in-game settings, if anyone wants to play this game but has a bad computer I could link how to optimize the game.

(By the way I love the idea of having a TTV Outfit, but as I see it, there’s not enough people in this community willing to help make that happen.)

1 Like

The issue is you would still have to bypass the specifications lock in place by SOE. It doesn’t matter if your computer can run it, if Sony doesn’t think your computer can, you can’t even install it. I’m sure there’s a way to bypass it, but it’s just another one of those things I dislike Sony for.

I’ve never heard of a lock in place that blocks yo just because of your computer’s specs, are you sure this exists in the Steam version of the game?

Not completely sure, but I know the first time I tried downloading it, not via Steam, I was locked out due to my specs not being up to date. I recently downloaded it via Steam with a much better computer, so of course there weren’t any problems. I will note that it was a couple years ago, so things very easily could have changed. Regardless, you probly shouldn’t play if you have a poor PC, since even at low graphics the game can get very cluttered and intense, severely slowing down even some of the stronger PC’s out there.

Well hopefully the specs requirement doesn’t exist anymore/at all because that’s just a bad idea in general.

Also, the game is becoming more optimized with every update, as I’m typing this I’m in a 200+ user battle over a small base next to a BioLab, and I’m getting ~50fps on my decent rig.

1 Like

You’d be surprised how many companies use a lockout system. Even OverWatch does it. Though I agree, the game really does get more and more optimized with every update.

1 Like

@Joe and I play this quite frequently
It’d be cool to play with some other members of the boards
@Joe is also a terrible pilot never let him pilot ever

2 Likes

I think it’s safe to assume we’re all terrible pilots to some degree. It would be super cool to play with the other Board members, but there really aren’t enough people here that play, nevermind the fact that we’re all probly different factions. I mean, I love freedom too much to be anything but NC, playing another faction goes against my internal and deepest morals or something.

Actually, I just really like the NC guns and I’ve already made a decent investment into the NC stuff, and don’t intend to make a large investment into another character anytime soon.

NC is the clearly superior faction imo, but i don’t play often anymore. So maybe someday.

2 Likes

@Joe and I are NC

2 Likes

Well… this is a fortunate turn of events. It looks like there may be hope for the “Mardi Gras Outfit” after all.

1 Like

I’ve really wanted a Board outfit XD
Should I make an outfit called Mardi Gras?

1 Like

Just got on the boards for the first time in months and just learned I’m the only VS player on the boards. :frowning:

1 Like

Pfff Vanu? NC is way better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like