Plasma vs. Lightning

There’s a bit of spoilers involved in that, but yes, his powers encompass at least three elements. However, his “base element” is lightning, and his plasma and magnetism powers he learned separately.

Ah, so is it a female? I mean, it is a lightning character. I don’t know if it is a Toa or not.

1 Like

He is a male character who is similar to a Toa.

(again, spoilers.)

Haha, I guess I’ll stop asking these questions because we seem to be getting off-topic…

So, plasma… It’s a ‘hot’ product…
*Crickets

1 Like

How can you have a headcanon about something you made?

My headcanon is concerning the differences between the elements.

Reviving topic FTW!

I think that Plasma is like, Sun, and Lightning is like, Zapy-zapy. (Deal with it.)

1 Like

Plasma is like, heat that’s not exactly fire, like the sun?

(BTW sunlike powers would be classified as “light”)

I feel that plasma is a material that is very difficult to precisely qualify and define. IMO, it should never have been an elemental power in the first place.

2 Likes

so, from what I can gather the element plasma would basically be the power to superheat substances and control said superheated substance, whether it be air or rock or whatever.
(so a toa of plasma could basically shoot hadouken by superheating the air in their hands and launching it, or create a small amount of magma from a hand of dirt, or just melt a guys face by punching him.)

basically,
the element of super-fire/lightning.
(though my headcanon of nerfing is that they have to come in contact with whatever they’re heating.)

still not as OP as gravity.

See, plasma is what happens when the atoms become so full of energy that the electrons fly off. Plasma is basically like boiling steam, except about a billion times hotter. (Please note: exaggeration, not actual representation of plasma’s heat index)

Which is why stars are made of plasma, the fusion reactions taking place generate a heckuva lot of energy.

Or, you could generate a strong electromagnetic field and apply a nice laser to it. That also makes plasma, albeit not the super-cool explody kind, only the kinda-cool lightningy kind.

That would make toa of lightning essentially toa of plasma, except with far far less versatility, because what I’m assuming a toa of plasma would normally do is indeed just send electric currents through a suddenly electromagnetic field they project towards a certain thing, but in other cases they could just heat up an area to be a billion degrees hot, which would also make them toa of fire.

Toa of plasma are basically Jaller Inika when you think about it =P

1 Like

I’d say this is a victory for me.

3 Likes

I believe this all was confirmed by Greg over on BZP awhile ago when someone asked about elemental boundaries. I can’t remember exact details, but this is what I remember from it, I could be off.

Fire elementals in the MU create and expel a nondescript gas that combusts as it exits their body/tool. Any actual combustion is their area of control, as well as lower temperatures of heat (meaning any temp that fire could realistically reach on the given object). They can also use this heat control to combust materials that can burn and use them as a source of fire.

Plasma is similar, but plasma elementals in the MU create and expel a nondescript ionized gas (plasma) that exceeds temperatures within the control of a fire elemental. I’m guessing their plasma is somehow related to solar plasma as if I remember right, plasma elementals draw energy from the sun, as fire elementals draw from heat. (don’t quote me on that part, though). Plasma elementals also have control over heat, but their control is less precise than a fire elemental’s as well as more intense. I believe it was stated they could heat objects in the environment (like air) into plasma to use.

Lightning elementals have control over electrical energy specifically (the plasma made from lightning is a byproduct which they have no control over, like how Tahu has no control over smoke), plasma have control over a form of matter as well as share control over heat with fire, who mainly control combustion and combustable materials to an extent.

5 Likes