Plural, Toa of Earth (V3)

Thnx, man. :smiley:

Oh. That’s Nick Bluetooth, Plural’s greatest Foe.

Thank yu :smile:

Well, the first Plural had Mixel Eyes glued onto his Akaku, so yeah.

Maybe, but I’m not sure if purple would fit Plural.

Bit late to the actual party, so here goes.

Thoughts can be summed up as much: Quality build, generic appearance. A bit skinny as well, torso especially, which is why this reminds me of Ekorak.

1 Like

A little lanky for my personal preference but a good MOC anyways!

1 Like

Thanks for the critique, Hawk. :smile:

Thanks! :smile:

1 Like

I want to begin by saying that I don’t have any issues with the build itself (barring the mask color and skinny forearms). However, I don’t feel this MOC fits the criteria of a Toa of Earth, and I’ll explain why.

By their nature, Onu-Matoran were miners, digging tunnels and whatnot. As such, it would make sense that they’d have broader shoulders, strong limbs, and shorter frames than other Matoran. By extension, this would apply to Toa of Earth, and every one that we’ve gotten in set form has included at least one of those characteristics.

Lowered neck, placing emphasis on shoulders.

http://img.dooyoo.de/DE_DE/orig/1/1/2/8/5/1128506.jpg
Same deal.

Lowered neck and shorter torso.

(Whenua Hordika doesn’t count because he was a clone and a mutant)

Wide shoulders, short strong arms.

Same deal, though more aerodynamic for dealing with aquatics.

Broad shoulders, more aerodynamic for flight.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111746/4449196-onua_2015.jpg
nuff said

nuff said again

My point is not that the build is bad. Heck, if you switched the colors out it’d make a great Toa of Air or something. But he’s just too skinny and lanky to be a convincing Toa of Earth.

/rant

8 Likes

Maybe he was a really lazy matoran…

Yeah, I understand this criticism. Plural’s the Anti-Toa o’ Earth, with his thin frame, stupid lookin’ mask, and skinny limbs. In fact, he’d probably be a better Toa of Ice or Air, but he’s a Toa of Earth for a reason. I’ve always loved the element, from its basic colors to the powers that it gives to the Toa Warrior. I also wanted him to display my physical physique, which went against what made my favorite element’s Toa special. Even with this somewhat major issue, I decided to continue on and make him Skinny.

Do I regret it?

Well, Yes and No. It sucks because he’ll forever be known for being a MOC that doesn’t fit the canon story, but I like all of these flaws because it kind of shows off me. His Akaku represents my glasses, which I just can’t live without. His thinness is a representation of my body type. The Out-of-Character Earth Element just so happens to be my favorite, which caused me to tack it on to him. While all of these things make him bad, I just can’t get rid of them.

O yea. i no how to fix it. plurall is lazy and he no work wich make him skinne cuz he dont eat

story fix him

u rong

</s

I understand that entirely. Heck, there’s a reason why my canon Self-MOC is a Toa of Earth.

I also understand this.

And at the end of the day, this is just my opinion. So I don’t think he looks like a Toa of Earth. It’s YOUR Self-MOC, the representation of you. If that goes against canon, who am I to stop it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s allot of Mixle eyes. Also, how was he defeated by the dude from Galidor who’s name escapes me at the moment?

1 Like

Cuz Nick’s Swagginess Swagged Plural too much.

1 Like

Ah… That makes even less sence.

1 Like

Political Slime ~ Using stereotypes for characters since 2015.

8 Likes

He seems decent enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bless those eyeballs.

2 Likes

Plural, this is your chance to change to a Toa of Magnetism.

Join us.

4 Likes

I really like this MOC! It has a nice custom torso that works with the CCBS pieces well, while still giving a bio-mechanical look. The lower arms are ingenious and really give off the look of the element. The only thing I would change is the armoring of the legs. Overall, great job.

1 Like

But magnets are gross

I actually fixed those up at the dead end of January.

I’ve just been lazy and never posted an update. :confused:

2 Likes

Neat. Thanks for letting me know. :smile:

1 Like

I actually like how that looks a lot. Nice, Plurb. :smiley:

1 Like