Pohatu Mata

Comparison:

Before:
After:

(Not meaning to be any offense to the original Pohatu)

That’s it. Constructive criticism is well appreciated. See you soon!

44 Likes

Very well done! Clever use of the kraata in the legs! My only issue is the lower legs are a little odd.

3 Likes

This looks nice! Really awesome design. I really like the proportions.

3 Likes

First of all, bravo for attempting something on this scale with those colors. They have been underrepresented since Lego took the color scheme for Stone into wierd places. Second, love the proportions, it is definitely Pohatu.
The only thing I see that needs work is that the lower legs look really awkward. You may want to co sider replacing the tan greaves with another part, or possibly create a custom construction for the lower leg that allows that piece to be mounted higher. As it is, that armor doesn’t allow for the feet to sit in natural positions.
I’m a fan, and I’ll be looking for updates on this one! Good work!

4 Likes

This looks really good!
Like others have said, the lower legs look rather awkward especially with that shin armor. It kind of restricts the ankle movement too, so maybe think about fiddling with that to make it a bit more natural.
I think my favorite part has to be the arms. I’m a fan of anything that uses Rahkshi heads in any way. They’re probably my favorite Bionicle part. :stuck_out_tongue:
You’re really improving as a builder!

1 Like

Well, I had six Panrahk heads for spare, but it turns out I used only five :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Very nice! I agree with the others; the lower legs look kind of odd. However, the use of the Kraata is ingenious!

1 Like

This is so slick, I love it! :stuck_out_tongue:

[Insert comment on the lower legs here]

I would also say the fingers are a tad long, how would they look if they were shorter with none of the axle exposed?

Lastly, would you be attempting anything similar with the other Mata, or is this a one-off? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was thinking about that. I should try to make all of them

1 Like

This is far more slick looking than truly expected. I particularly enjoy the shoulder area, as it just screams pohatu.

2 Likes

I say go for it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nicely done!

1 Like

Overall, a great representation of Pohatu, probably my favorite MOC you’ve made. My only complaint would be the lower legs and feet; they seem too thin in the ankles, and giving them some beef similar to the thighs would help the sillouette, and giving him wider feet would make him feel more grounded and w I d e, like the original set. Great model, and keep up the fantastic work!

1 Like

That’s a clever use of Kraata! Nice build!

1 Like