Pohatu, Vanguard of The Rock Raiders

2/6 done!
Gotta admit this one is a massive departure compared to how my kopaka turned out
New weapon, barely any color transition, most of whats left is the kakama, wide hips, buff legs and the rock that hangs out with him, still feels like pohatu to me
Still really happy how he turned out, especially the tool belt giving him a wider waist and the feet that are evocative of the granite grinder’s. Final build feels a lot jankier than what i had in mind, but hey, wasnt rock raiders all about janky ideas and rough looking machines?
Next up is either Onua or Tahu, no idea if i want to tackle onua’s unique body type now or give it time to simmer in my head
Eh we’ll see

33 Likes

ah neat, this looks very good, you really captured the asthetic!

4 Likes

I like this. It feels like Pohatu without having a large amount of similarities in the color scheme. The mining tools look fitting for a Toa of Stone.

4 Likes

Power Miners Onua when

This color scheme is very interesting, although I feel like it needs just a little more brown. Otherwise though, this is a very delectable palette you’ve replicated.

9 Likes

Power miners Nuparu maybe, i really like that call
I got something more retro space planned for onua, still not sure if im going blacktron I or II

8 Likes

Seeing as you had Ice Planet and now another 90s theme, I’d say go for Blacktron 2.

Love the hip design and all the system greebles on things like the rocket pick’s handle. Look forward to more :eyes:

6 Likes

duuuuuude i love that name for the pick
consider it “head-canonized”

5 Likes

really good all round build!

3 Likes

Two best themes combine!

Btw, those recently revealed prototype gray feet additions would fit perfectly in this MOC.

3 Likes

Confirming the start of M-tron Tahu for those who want to keep up

8 Likes

That’s definitely a good choice of colour scheme for Tahu.

4 Likes

I like how it still has a brown head even though there’s no other brown XD

2 Likes

The hands are brown and so is the chain on the legs.

It’s sparse, but not absent

3 Likes

Well, uh, y’see, I, uh

I’m red-brown color blind, okay?

3 Likes