Pokemon: Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Discussion Topic

Too much water, 7.8/10. IGN is run by Team Magma.

We all know that Team Magma is the better team, I mean that’s just common knowledge. Omega Ruby is an amazing remake of an amazing game, which means it is an amazing game. Alpha Sapphire, on the other hand, is the absolute worst game I’ve ever played. The villains are terrible, and the main Pokemon is terrible. Team Magma for life!!!11!1!!!1!!

yuo kno am rite

Seriously, though, I love both games. However, I have to say that it is SO MUCH EASIER than previously. When I first played the original Hoenn games, Emerald in specific, I found the game, especially the Psychic gym where it’s a double battle, to be pretty challenging for a Pokemon game. This time, however, I discovered that this gym wasn’t so hard when my Pokemon were ten levels above the leaders’ pokemon, even though I had only ever grinded levels with my Froslass, which I got after that gym. Other than that, this was a very enjoyable game for me. I love Hoenn, and the modernizations make it even better than it was twelve years ago. Not only that, but the postgame is pretty massive, especially compared to X and Y. Great job, Game Freak. You definitely deserve my forty dollars.

2 Likes

Yeah, your second half there sums up my one complaint about OR/AS:

Too easy as compared to their previous incarnations.

Although, Primal Kyogre nearly wiped out my party. That hasn’t happened in a Legendary battle with me for a very long time.

2 Likes

Wait.

Kyogre and Groudon are hard?

I guess you could say

ITS ALL KYOGRE NOW!

But yeah, good to know that the legendaries ball-busting (can I say that? It isn’t really NSFW) difficulty is back.

5 Likes

At the same time, I only needed to use two Net Balls to catch it.

Mesprit took nearly twenty Ultra Balls when I stumbled onto it after I got the Eon flute.

I’m hoping now that they’ve got this overworld, maybe at some point they’ll make another game like Gold\Silver with two regions, or better yet, a game with ALL THE REGIONS.

If you’re trying to catch a Legendary, there may be quite a bit of ball-busting involved.

1 Like

Some of the books in the library for the Sinnoh games were pretty dark. One that comes to mind is the story where some guy uses a sword to kill all the Pokémon. Also the pokedex entries are always a good source of nightmare fuel.

2 Likes

finished the mainstory and delta episode in 4 days. Now off to hunt for legendaries…

1 Like

7/10 Too much water.

2 Likes

True enough, but at the same time, this is the only game where Dive is a worthwhile move for any reason.

Then again, it’s like saying Diamond and Pearl have too many mountains and caves.

3 Likes

So I finally stopped being lazy and actually played the dang game.

Copped out and used Net Balls to catch Kyogre.

Took a few resets(2) but it’s all good.

Also of note, beat the champion. And outside some major level-imbalance, no real struggle.

1 Like

Remember when the Elite Four was hard?

Yeah, those were the days.

Wish there was a classic difficulty or hardmode.

4 Likes

best pokemon games ever

depends on your opinion. I guess it’s alright, but not as much customization as the previous game.

Anyway, I’ll be busy riding on mega-latias and flying around and picking berries and fights

1 Like

Reviving this topic because I finally finished my copy of OR. Twas a fun game. I did a lot of grinding at the beginning of the game, so that by the time I faced the Champion, my entire team was about 10 levels higher. :laughing:

Speaking of which, anyone want to post their teams? I have
-Hapina, Swampart
-Anubyte, Mightyena
-Isisym, Gardevoir
-Horuspect, Swellow
-Metagross (couldn’t change the nickname cause it was the Event one…)
-Hidemachi 2.0, Zigzagoon

1 Like

Hunter- Sceptile
Wolfenstein- Thunder Fang Mightyena
Metagross- Event Metagross
Masquera- Masquerain
Sevis- Lairon/Aggron
Pridak- Sharpedo

1 Like

It’s been a while, but I believe my team consisted of Swampy, the Swampert (in defense of the name, it’s what I named my first Mudkip back in 2004 when I got my first Pokemon game.)
Electivire
Pheonix, the Swellow (named because of the inspiration of the pokemon, Pheonix Wright)
Deoxys, my favorite Pokemon
I forget the other two.

1 Like

My team by the end of the E4 consisted of

-Arkanine(traded by friend)
-Sceptile
-Tentacruel
-Swellow
-Metagross
-Sandslash

1 Like

I usually run 2 teams. First is my story run team, and second is my competitive team :smiley:

Team 1
-Sceptile
-Mightyena
-Swellow
-Ninetails
-Greninja (Wonder Trade)
-Linoone (HM Slave)

Team 2
-Camerupt
-Gallade
-Altaria
-Sableye
-Metagross (Shiny - Gift)
-Ludicolo (only one that can’t megaevolve in this team)

Fun fact about me: I hate playing competitively against anyone using legendarys, and will probably rage quit if it’s brought out. There was no effort in putting that power in their stats, and there is way too many 1-hit-KO moves from them.

3 Likes

It’s a shame the campaigns (can you call them that?) are getting so dumbed down… the designers said it was so kids these days have such short attention spans when it comes to stuff like that that they’d lose business to mobile games “Play more now” mentality.

Also, my current competitive (VGC15) team:
Milotic
Bisharp
Mega Medicham
Mega Charizard X (as an alternate)
Staraptor (gotta love final gambit suicide fodder)
Vivillon (it’s purty)

@Corex11 THANK YOU, I AGREE COMPLETELY. I don’t care how “balanced” even the ones legal on for ranked are, they take so little effort to use it’s not even funny. Them and that darned MegaKhan are cancer to the online play…

EDIT: I suppose some legends are OK (Three Muskateers, etc.), however, stuff you see on every other team like the Djin are just infuriating… that’s just me. I hate when a meta is centralized around like 5 mons xD

2 Likes

Thankfully, they have banned Kyogre (my favorite legendary, by the way) from, what I know of, local play!

Oh, and also, if anyone would like to battle at some point I’m willing to go! Only problem is that my screen is dying and it’s blocking 1 of the digits to my friend code :no_mouth: