[Poll] Best movie of 2018

I don’t think so, mate.

1 Like

I thought Spiderverse was quite a but better.

2 Likes

My order would be:
1: Infinity War-Perfect movie to me.
2: Spiderverse- great story, visually mindblowing
3: Bumblebee- Finally a great transformers movie! Great visual style, heartwarming, nostalgic
4: Fallout- Superb action
5: A Quiet Place- JIM!!! Great concept, directing, and performances
6: Aquaman- A heck of a lot of fun. Superb costuming, visuals, and cinematography, but pacing felt crazy and the plot was… solid but derivative.
7:Incredibles 2- Visuslly awesome, nostalgic, funny, but strangely forgetful to a degree
8: Ant Man and the Wasp- Hilarious, good action, I just sunjectively like a lot of the other movies better
9: Black Panther- I really wanted this to be higher. Great story, but it felt like they dropped the ball a tad on some of the action and visuals. I wish the action was more Russo-esque. Still a really good movie, though.
10: Solo- Just… decent. I like it, but Han felt off most of the time. He was too awkward, I think. The droid was kind of annoying, but not overly so.
I’d put The Death of Superman in there somewhere, but it wasnt in theatres. It was good.

If you hadn’t noticed, I’m a sucker for action and visuals. Some of these are iffy enough I might be persuaded to ■■■■■ them around. Pretty much everything from 4-8 is about the same rank, within a few decimal points.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen Spider Verse yet, so I can’t telll which I like more for now.

Spiderverse is really good, and way more fast paced in just about everything it does. I would say it is better than Incredibles 2, but I wouldn’t say it’s the best animated movie of all time seeing as some of the side characters got little to no character development.

4 Likes

Just saw Christopher Robin Today, and I loved it. I fits in my top 10 favorite movies of 2018 for sure. Fun Fact, the actor that played Christopher Robin in this movie is Ewan McGregor, the same actor who played Obi-Wan in Star Wars episode 2 and 3.
Anyway, I do highly recommend this movie to everyone!

2 Likes

Yeah, Peni Parker and Spider-Ham didn’t really get anything.

Spider-noir got a rubik’s cube, does that count?

3 Likes

Yes, but they were still ver enjoyable.
And I consider the mech’s dead as partial development to Penny.

1 Like

Yeah, I suppose.
That much was cool.

I get that it was a gag but that was such an intriguing concept to me😂
Wait… if his body is still black and white, that means light reflects off of him that way. (Assuming his skin is like that too) So how does colored light stay colored when it hits his eyes?

1 Like

Bumblebee is best movie of 2018!!! I saw it last night and I absolutely love it!!!

2 Likes
  • Avengers: Infinity War
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
  • Christopher Robin
  • Incredibles 2
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp
  • Black Panther

I have yet to see Bumblebee but I have I feeling I’ll really like it.

3 Likes

Let me tell you, it is amazing. Even as a stand alone film its good. It’s the kind of movie even non transformers fans can understand and get into.

And it’s even better for TF fans. The first two minutes will literally blow you away. It’s beautiful. I love it.

3 Likes

Star wars fatigue is non existant. If people got tired of movie series, then why isn’t there Marvel Fatigue? Starwars fatigue is just a weak excuse to explain the poor performances of recent films. I liked Solo, but it’s low box office revenue was most likely due to the travesty that was TLJ

Marvel Fatigue isn’t a thing because they’re not as frequent as Star Wars films and have more consistent quality.

Personally I’ve never been super huge into Star Wars, but my interest in the franchise has dropped greatly due to the oversaturation.

1 Like

There are three Marvel movies per year and only one Star Wars movie.

2 Likes

There is, though it may not be as wide spread, me and a lot of people I know experience such feelings

Huh… Guess I was wrong.

It’s easier to say that people are getting tired of a franchise than it is to say that they made a bad film

Though Marvel movies have been at a higher and more consistent quality than recent Star Wars movies."