POLL: Streaming platform for MakutaFest 2016

To quote Swert, head of the BS01 Wiki:

"Hey all,

So BS01 and The TTV Podcast will once again bring you MakutaFest 2016. But before we proceed, we need to ask a major question: Where should we host it this year?

The pros and cons of each selection are many, but it boils down to how you guys want to do it. If we end up on YouTube, we’ll have to forgo a few of the previous years’ giveaway options (in form of trivia) since it’ll be nearly impossible to keep track of the chat otherwise. We’d also have to move to a secondary page for chat via forums in order to moderate chat.

On Twitch, these can be easily moderated on the fly, but we risk gaining random twitch followers who want to come in and spam links. The main pro for that system is it’s what we used last year, so many of our regulars are already signed up for it.

If we get a mass majority selecting one or the other, we’ll most likely go with that one.

So yeah, go forth fans, let’s decide this!"

• Twitch
  • YouTube
  • Other (Explain with a post)

0 voters

16 Likes

In my defense, and I have a huge defense, I’d rather adhere to the users more than my own desires.

Having said that, I voted Twitch :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Has it already been a year…

To answer the question, twitch seemed to work ok last year. My vote has been cast.

1 Like

Twitch seemed to work fine last year, so that’s what I’m voting for. :smile:

2 Likes

I would rather Youtube, seeing as twitch never worked for me.

1 Like

I would rather Twitch.
Also, could somebody post a link to TTV’s Twitch as I missed MakutaFest 2015 and thought it was on YouTube.

1 Like

Just pull a Vinny(Vinesauce) and stream on both.

I mean is that not an option?

3 Likes

I’m… actually not sure. I’ll consult with the others. I can’t think of anything preventing it right now. I’ll get back to you on that.

3 Likes

Well, I voted youtube. I mean, Twitch works fine for me, and I can use it, but not everyone seems to be able too… yet everyone (should) have access to YT.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be able to use Twitch because, I don’t have an account and I doubt my parents will let me get one after over-sleeping today. So YouTube by default. Unless we can do the Message Boards chat somehow like last time, if that’s possible.

I really hope that I’ll be available for MakutaFest.

Twitch is a significantly better platform for streaming than YouTube.

1 Like

I chose YouTube.

Just because I already have an account.

Just as a comment, the poll we made on BZP (with only 10 votes) all say Twitch.

And as an extra comment, signing up for twitch is easy, you could just use your social media (I think only FB, but I could be wrong) to do it.

As for streaming on both, it does kind of go back to the problem we had with the trivia thing. I don’t think we can fairly do trivia on the message boards.

Quote from Twitch’s Rules of Conduct.
“All content that is neither gaming-related nor permitted in our Creative or Music categories is prohibited from broadcast”.

1 Like

I really liked it when you guys used a board topic for the life stream

Yeah I liked that the best too. Also, then it doesn’t just become random spam of commenters. It feels more personal to the users on the boards, right? And support for the boards is always good, right?

I’m fine with either. Does twitch need an account to access anything on there, if so I’ll make one just for MakutaFest.

1 Like

It seems pretty even right now.

While true, we checked with several people and found so long as we categorize as Creative or something like that, we can be there.

1 Like