Pollenspread (Challenge: Summer)

Built for the “Summer” Challenge hosted by @StarBreaker

you should go join we need more participation and if I’m the only one actively taking part in this I’ll get so much clout it’ll go to my head (if it hasn’t already)

I have no idea if there is anyone on this site that remembers a certain trend started on the LEGO General Galleries way back in 2017 or 18, something stupid like that. The trend was called “Rage Trees”, where you built a fairly standard small tree using a 6L minifigure pole. You then wedged the base between two studs to create your tree. It gained the nickname “Rage Trees” among the few people that tried it out, because you often ended up “ragequitting” and just using a different method of attaching the trees.

How is this related to the topic of this post?

It isn’t, really.

Anywho, I really struggled with this challenge. “Summer” is a pretty catch-all category, and rather than capitalize on that, I ended up not really trying anything … interesting.

I know that to a pretty big portion of people, “Summer” means beaches, pools, sun, and parties. Not so much for me.

Reinforcing my edgy sooper kewl introvert vibe, my favorite thing about Summer is nature. Plantlife and stargazing. After a few weeks of severe allergic reactions to pollen, I’m able to appreciate the various types of plants that thrive in my corner of the world, and when it isn’t cloudy, watching the moon change phases and the stars move.

So I tried to embody that in my submission for this challenge.

At least, that’s what I say.

In reality, I was incredibly pressed for time on this build. I have a ton of writing to do this month, and I need to get ahead, because I’m going to be really busy this weekend. I built the MOC in about 30 minutes, just started stacking small plates and building up terrain.

And ultimately …

I kinda hate it? It’s simplistic, doesn’t nail the look I was going for, and doesn’t have anything very interesting about it. It’s kinda just a slab of green with a few 1x1 studs.

Oh yeah, the MOC.

If you like it, please let me know in the comments. If you read this, you da best.

~Winger

obviously the best part of summer is its end

15 Likes

I’d like to join but tbh I can’t think of anything that I can make…
Also nice moc.

1 Like

Same. No clue how to make a summer moc.

1 Like

I actually like the moc. It’s really cute, and kind of serene. Nice work my dude!

1 Like