Poseable Mctoran MOC

I got some masks, so here is your favorite popsicle, Kopeke.

It is he, Kapura, you probably didn’t recognize him because of the tan arm.

Takua surfing and with Puku.

Takua&Puku

Here is and render I made some time ago:

This are all my Mctoran so far:

8 Likes

Nice touch having them doing the dance from the canceled game, do you know how many mctoran can be built with out painting parts?

1 Like

I love these! Really give a sense of life and character. I suppose the original toys were quite limited on account of being fast food freebies, but this is a great customisation. Shame McToran parts are so pricey these days.

3 Likes

Agreed, they are a bit pricey yeah :confused: still always have the option to 3d print them if you or someone you know has a printer, just got to get the 3d model for the parts which you can find in a lot of places online.

As for the mocs
I love that the new torso keeps the feel and shape of the original, very well done. Always appreciate simple little update mocs like this

1 Like

very nice

1 Like

If by Mctoran you mean only the original six that came in the happy meal, all of them. Only Kongu requieres two black liftarms (or other color) to complete him, since that piece doesn’t exist in lime.
If you want to include the chronicler’s company, one can made all of them with exception of Tamaru, who almost none of his pieces exist in the correct color. You could also said that Kopeke is not posible since you need to paint his feet.
If you want to go even further, as long the arms, feet and mask exist in the correct color, one could made any Matoran.

Yeah, they are. So far, with exception of some feet, I haven’t bought any Mctoran part through bricklink, instead I have been buying all the Matoran I can find in my country.

I recall seeing a model for a left arm with an axle hole in the hand, so they could hold a tool, but I don’t remember where it was.

1 Like

I know that Galva’s part pack and a couple of others add parts for them into Studio, so it should be possible to convert those into 3D print files.

Is this a C3PO reference?

Yeah :sweat_smile:
Both Kapura and Hafu (or maybe Taipu) are missing one arm. So I gave him his arm for the photo. I don’t have all the pieces to make Taipu (or maybe Hafu) to make the joke with the red arm.

1 Like

alright cool.
you should get those extra arm pieces

Kongu is ready to battle.

3 Likes

neat.

Great! these are all so cute looking!

Love is canon

3 Likes

Happy valentine’s day i guess

4 Likes

Oh yeah, happy valentine’s day

Since I have the six posable Mctoran, I realize I could do the Matoran Nui. So here he is, as mounstrous as ever, but more posable. It’s quite an unstable build, and gave him knee articulartion would have made him more unstable, but he still can pose menacing. The posable build works better for single Matoran.

It’s so exhausting to merge… but it was worth it!

3 Likes

Wow that’s very impressive!

1 Like

nice
looks a bit better than I thought a Matoran Nui of that style would look like