Post-apocalyptic books?

Anybody here knows a good Post-apocalyptic novel i could read? I’m running out of ideas.

The zombie Survival guide is cool, and if you enjoy that, read World War Z (it is nothing like the book. It is much much better). There’s also I am Legend, The Road, The Stand, The Hunger Games series, the Maze Runner series, City of Ember, and more.

@MiraculousPrime Thanks. I’ll check some of those out.

1 Like

What Miraculous stated

1 Like

Glad I could help. There’s also dystopian futures like 1984, Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Divergent, The Giver, Fahrenheit 451, A Clockwork Orange (This book is really dark), The Running Man, and others. The genre are similar, but a lot of these aren;t set after an apocalypse, they just have dark futures.

2 Likes

The road.

[quote=“tak210, post:6, topic:10300, full:true”]
The road.
[/quote]I just looked it up,seems pretty nice.

It’s definitely interesting

The Road. Although it’s kind of… boring. :sleeping:

Z for Zachariah was pretty cool. its about a girl who lives in a pocket of radiation free zone after a nuclear war that kills everyone…or so she thinks…

4 Likes

[quote=“TERMINXX, post:10, topic:10300”]
its about a girl who lives in a pocket of radiation free zone after a nuclear war that kills everyone…or so she thinks…
[/quote]Nice

One of my favorite books ever.

Cracks knuckles and gets ready to rant
Post-apocalyptic books are pretty bad, IMO. They have one consistent tone, which is very dark and brooding. They were interesting ten years ago; now every other book on the market is a YA dystopian/post-apocalyptic. It’s about as over saturated as Lord of the Rings-esque fantasy. If you want something good to read with a similar tone to PA, then I would suggest something along the lines of Ender’s Game.
Note: I do not hate all PA or Dystopian, it’s just that I hace lost interest in these genres after reading the same story with maybe one or two twists sometimes. As stated above, there are some really good books out there, but please notice that these all come from the inception of the very genre in the 20th century.

Death’s Twilight.