Potential 2020 Constraction theme speculation (?)

And with that, all the good people who liked those good things, to be honest.

There is no chance that is going to happen. When Exo-Force came out, Mechs were something novel in LEGO. Nowadays, they make mechs for almost all their themes. There is no chance they are going to reboot that.

1 Like

You’re forgetting a simple fact. Mechs are cool.
And like I said in my post and not the bit you quoted, don’t give me hope.

3 Likes

Mechs are cool, but my point was that Mechs already exist in abundance throughout LEGO themes, and from LEGO’s perspective, there is no need for a single theme for them.

1 Like

Pretty much, CCBS doesn’t really work well for human looking characters.

It’s not so much the mechs for me as it was the Anime/Manga-ness of it all. The flashy, over-the-top style Manga and Anime are known for. We could get a variation of Friends, but as long as it like this (and well written) I’d be at the least an uncommitted observer.

Also, i think LEAF stands for

Lego
Extreme
Action
Figures

But that’s me. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I’m saying this because I need a constraction Spider-Man and Venom

YES! So much blue!

1 Like

Maybe check out those MOCs then:
Imgur

To be fair those are better than any official sets LEGO could possibly do.

3 Likes

Eh, I wouldn’t buy Venom, and maybe not either. I just want an actual set, I don’t care if other people could do better.

The bottom one is system… :stuck_out_tongue:

Either way, at this point I feel like it’s worth just creating a general future constraction speculation topic. We’re gonna get this stuff every year, for as many years as it takes until people stop wanting constraction back, which isn’t happening anytime soon :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I saw this a while back…

But then I realised you could do anything like that!

Etc

Also, constraction is dead, Star Wars constraction failed and that’s one of lego’s best selling themes, we all loved bonkle and CCBS but I personally don’t think it should come back

1 Like

Star Wars constraction had a number of problems outside of it simply being a constraction line. Set design was a little repetitive during the line, so the best things about the sets to me were new parts, recolors, and cloth elements. Also, the sets were overpriced, typical of the Star Wars series. Finally, a portion of sets that attempted human moulded heads suffered greatly in display and play value. The helmeted figures, in my opinion, often looked great, but these factors hurt the success of the line. I would be hesitant to say that being constraction was the major reason for the line’s demise, but I do agree that it seems to be losing popularity among LEGO’s main audience.

5 Likes

This is probably the main reason why they didn’t sell. Constraction has always been intended to be affordable, and those were just so ridiculously expensive. 35$ for that Chewbaca figure? Seriously. Who would be foolish enough to pay that much for it?[quote=“Rocka99, post:33, topic:49871”]
I do agree that it seems to be losing popularity among LEGO’s main audience
[/quote]

That is probably because LEGO just wouldn’t expose it’s main audience to proper constraction anymore.

2 Likes

I hope we get another construction theme; hopefully original and better advertised then bionicle was. Limiting most sets to 15$ or under wouldn’t hurt either; it’d be a nice way to compete with transformers and the other 20$ figures.

4 Likes

Well, got a couple interesting developments regarding all this that might make this theory all the more true.

Normally I don’t trust 4chan leaks as they usually end up being incorrect but peek this right:

(hopefully that uploaded)

Now another site has the list for LEGO Leaf and the set number has jumped from 14 to 18 all of a sudden, which matches up with the leak
https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/

Idk if this is BIONICLE or another new IP but it’s an exciting development nonetheless. Thoughts?

11 Likes

Interesting. here are some translations of the most different ones, (The rest are City, Creator, and licensed) so no one else has too.

for 'Leaf’

Leaf is almost certainly a codename, hiding behind a new line to be launched in 2020. Under the code name “Banana” came e.g. the LEGO hidden side series on the market. Here are a lot of sets announced:

For 'Zebra’

And here may be puzzled again: Under the code name (?) “Zebra” LEGO has listed several sets, all of which should be suitable from 16 years. So it could be sets especially for adults. But the fact base is currently still pretty thin:

For Lego Girls IP

Here LEGO is currently puzzling us: It looks as if some sets in 2020 for a still unknown IP (Intellectual Property) especially for girls appear. It should therefore be about license sets. These are the known information:

For 'Dots’

LEGO Dots is a new line, which should actually be published in 2019, but then canceled again. These were small accessory and jewelry sets that are specially tailored for girls. Now new listings have appeared again. So it looks like the sets could still appear:

5 Likes

That’s… interesting. Honestly the only reason I give it any credence is that the alleged story he speaks about for the second line seems like it could line up with a lot of what Faber has been showing us on Instagram… then again, that makes it likely that the “leak” was written based on the art and not the other way around. I guess the only reason I give it any thought is because I’m a gullible fool who just wants to hope. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh boy. If this is true, this’ll be awesome. :smiley: Of course, I’m maintaining a high level of skepticism until any other details emerge.

Do you have a link to the thread you have the screencap from? Also, the post tag suggests that this is from several weeks ago (the oldest /biog/ thread I could find was from two weeks ago and already had 766 as the first three digits), so did you find this already screencap-ed or have you been sitting on this for a while?

1 Like

A user on Eurobricks found the post, known about it for a couple days but held off on posting it until Leaf’s number of sets jumped to 18.

1 Like

The details on the post seem pretty generic. The six small, six mid, and a couple of large sets breakdown is a pretty safe bet considering BIONICLE’s history with product releases. Also, I agree about how Faber’s art is used strangely in the post.

5 Likes