Price of the Original Yellow Castle (375) New

Ok, first of all, i wanna say i’m pretty new and rookie here, not a very active member or anything, but a bionicle fan and Lego fan in general. So…

I’m not able to find this info anywhere. I was looking down how much a sealed 375 Yellow castle can cost, in bricklink and e-bay you can find some used ones, some complete, some not, but not a single new and sealed one.

The page brickeconomy says that a new one can cost like $9k US dollars, but that price sounds a bit crazy, and i don’t know how reliable that info is. Maybe that could be the cost of such a set, maybe not.

Anyway, if anyone knows where o who could i consult for this information please let me know, that would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If an item is scarce, then sellers can set the prices however they want. it’s just like art, value is only put on it when it enters a staged setting where the seller convinces buyers that the item is worth the tag due to it’s one off nature etc. I think $9000 dollars makes sense in that context, that the seller believes they have an extremely rare item on their hands.

2 Likes

@Axelford First, thanks for repliying.

Second, yes, in that context such a person can ask for whatever price they see fit, the question is if there is someone willing to pay that much.

So, there is a way to see for how much a similar item was sold before?

2 Likes

On Bricklink there is a sales history, that is if an item has even been sold before…checked Bricklink and none have ever been sold brand new. Most expensive and very clean/complete condition is $828.

1 Like

I wonder how many sealed Yellow Castles even exist

3 Likes

@Axelford Never ever a new one on bricklink, wow…

@Atobe_Brick Well, at least one, i can tell you that for sure :rofl: :rofl:

oi you, quit stealing my profile icon

WHAT

2nd hand prices never cease to amaze me. Wow.

the real question is why you want a sealed one

1 Like

@wild_toa check the other five masks i re-made on my deviantart :wink:

@Stuubh well, that is an random approximate that the page gives (not sure were that price came from really, but yes, crazy :rofl:)

@Rukah i never mentioned that i wanted to buy one :male_detective:

1 Like

They want to destroy all remaining sealed yellow castles to get revenge on the sealed yellow castle that bullied them as a child :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

i only just realized you aren’t @wild_toa

2 Likes

ah
Why do you want to know the price then? for fun?

@Atobe_Brick “We got disocvered guys!!!”

@GoodGuy2006 but… i did… i did make… it was me that… :broken_heart:

@Rukah Maybe.
or maybe someone just happens to know a person who have one, sealed, with a box in great condition, pieces perfectly preserved, even the white pieces…

4 Likes

aha
you trying to tell how much it’s worth for them?

1 Like

Yup, to be honest i almost soiled myself when i see the box, cause here in my country is even more rare to see this kind of things, so just the fact to see such a set was exiting.

But that person is a great aunt, so i did not have the heart to do something like “here, i’ll give you $20 for this old toy” and go make some money out of her like that you know. Needless to say an old lady found hard to believe that a box of Lego might cost more than her car.

3 Likes

that’s true. How did they even manage to keep it sealed for that long?

1 Like

Well, that side of the family is particular with some things, like giving toys to their kids just to not let them open then later, for some reason that escapes logic, supposedly it was a gift for one of my uncles (his son) way back then, and somehow it was never opened, and somehow none of the kids of the next generation (my and my cousins) found it, or received it as a gift or anything, and somehow it was left in a closet for years, in their house.

And somehow no one never simply took it, donated it, or anything else, in a house they have own for 50 years and got many people living in it, something just nuts if you ask me.

Some days ago i went there, she asked to help her move some stuff and i saw that old Lego logo, and when i pulled out the box and saw the yellow castle i almost falled out the chair i was standing. More surprised to see it was sealed and well preserved for a box left in a closet for decades.

5 Likes

Interesting…

1 Like

@wild_toa you know what this means.
a duel is in order.
do you both accept the challenge for the pfp?

3 Likes