Project Dark Deeds, need voice actors.

That’s an animation test for my current project called “Dark Deeds”, featuring Mazeka and Ahkmou.
It’ll be a fairly short video, not much longer than 5 minutes, and it needs voice actors. The voice currently in the vid is my own, used to line up the macro animations. Things such as mouth movement and expressions will get done as soon as I have a proper VO.

If you’re interested in volunteering, please let me know and I’ll boop over the script.

Now, what am I looking for? Firstly, those that can do accents.
Matoran are culturally distinict, and to lean into this I want each element to have its own accent. Nothing drastic, cliché or in your face. But something noticeable to give flavour.
However, I need some input on accents.

Ko-Matoran: I have been made aware that some locations in Ko-Wahi were references to geographical locations here in Scandinavia, so a Nordic accent could work for them. Although Japanese, Tibetan and Nepalese accents are also on the table due to their culture strongly surrounding meditation and the study and acquisition of knowledge.

Po-Matoran: Many of the Rahi that typically hang out in the same places you find Po-Matoran tend to be somewhat analogues to Australian creatures, so people over on Reddit have mentioned an Australian accent could work. Arabic accents could also work, considering the style of their construction and the music that tends to be associated with Po-locations.

Mazeka: Used to be a scholar, but is now a highly trained professional agent. He’s a Ko-Matoran, so he doesn’t display much emotion to begin with. As well as the accent, I’m looking for a voice that’s rugged.

Ahkmou: Used to be a carver and a salesman. So as well as his accent I need a certain level of charisma. He also needs to sound just a tad bit unhinged. Just a tad, though.

If you’re interested in participating in this project or have any input, please do not be afraid to post below.

I’ll leave you with some single frame renders from the above video (I would post more, but I’m not allowed):

12 Likes

ooh this seems pretty cool
I’d be interested

I’d be up to do a Nordic voice for Mazeka

Didn’t you already comment on my Twitter post? XD
I’ll throw the script there in your DMs, as I’m not sure if TTV actually has the ability to send DMs…

@Rukah Who do you think you’ll be a good fit for?

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

2 Likes

Maybe Ahkmou?

You can dm on here. I’ve done it a couple times

do you have any example lines to read off for auditioning purposes?

2 Likes

'll send you the script in DMs. You can pick a line you want to sample from there, any line that you feel will give me a good example of how you’re going to voice the character.

What character are you interested in voicing, by the way? And what’s your input on character accents?

3 Likes

I might go for Ahkmou, I’m not sure whether or not the voice I have in mind falls into “drastic, cliché or in your face” though.
On the other hand I feel like I could get the rugged sound for Mazeka down but I’m not sure if I could pull off an accent.

Alright, I sent you a DM.

I can’t wait to see the finished video! It looks amazing already!

1 Like

I hope I can get it done by 810NICLE Day, but I can’t make any promises.

Oh, and I gotta figure out some music too…

1 Like

How soon would do that be? I’ve heard of it before, but I haven’t figured out when it is.

10th of august

1 Like

August 10. Hopefully. Otherwise it’ll just be “some time in August”.

As for the work that still needs to be done:

• the short fight scene, including the lead up and ending.
  • the voice acting, which includes still finding a good match for Mazeka. I got some contenders, but I’m still looking. Ahkmou I already found a VA for.
  • finding music or someone that’ll make music.
  • rending.
  • and finally, editing.
4 Likes