Protector Kaita Akamai (V2)

Hello again!
For my second moc post, I’ve chosen my next best creation in chronological order. When I reach the end of that list, I’ll most likely post what I consider the bottom of the barrel, which were not much more than ideas I never improved upon. If anyone ever wants to make their own versions of them, feel free to. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Anyway, the moc we have here is basically my own combination of three protectors, namely Narmoto, Korgot, and Nilkuu (Fire, Earth, and Stone). I call it a protector kaita Akamai, since I thought there should be a protector of Valor for when the toa arrived. I was positive about it happening, especially when they added the pieces of unity in gen 2, but no such luck.
My first attempt was just really a beefed up protector, kinda like how they just give the Toa the protector’s weapons and gear in the toa/protector combo model. This is normal, but using extra limbs, in the V2 version, I can have them hold all their weapons, and use most of their limbs and armor.

The downside of this build was the inability to armor up the upper front arms, because of the chest, and that the three sets have much less parts, as well as long limbs, to work with. My later model, Wairuha, has far better color, more limbs, better gear, etc, and more pieces left over. This is fine, since I’m sure Lego didn’t expect these sets to be combined that way.

Here you can see the lack of armor. Fortunately, the back arms cover up most of this, so they would be protected by these arms & the chest armor. It almost gives him the impression that these arms come out of his chest. They are built on the front parts of the new Bionicle 2015 type of front structure, allowing for the sides of the chest to be armored.

Again with the lack of armor, using the feet to make his torso look bulkier, and some slight stabilization in case the chest launcher ever comes loose.

Close-up of the connection type. A looser connection, except that the chest armor uses friction to hold this connection in place, without tilting a bit to the side, as shown in the next pic.

The back frame tilts just a bit to either side, but some shaking will dislodge the chest blaster, making it nearly disconnect. This doesn’t happen when the armor is in place. This helps to show the internals better, which the armor does a good job of hiding. This is how I do some of my beefier mocs, or mocs that require a large structure. I build it up however I want, then try to cover it all, to hide all my amateur construction methods :P.

Side view of the chest & connections. It’s hard to put the black armor piece in, so I had to take off the holo. orange armor to have all pieces fit.

Showing the range of motion of the arms. The front arms are restrained by the chest armor, unless they move up & then bend outward. Difficult to express in words, but simple in what happens. The back arms are the least restrained, & are higher up.

Thanks for viewing! Let me know if you guy’s want me to post my protector kaita Wairuha, or just the next moc in chronological order.

17 Likes

I like him, with all of his vibrant colors and that beer but gun. If you could add an armor add-on to the upper chest, I think it would look a lot better.

This looks really good. :+1:

He’s messy, but that’s a kaita signature :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes