Prototype Bohrok Queens

“Although there will be a focus on the Bugs, They are not meant to replace the existing figures [They merely supplement them]… Parts from the Bugs and parts from the Toa can be used together to make the ‘Big Bug’”
‘The Truth Will Hatch’ video
More | BioMedia Project Click Internal and Concept videos.

And that’s what I did: combine parts from the Toa Mata and the Bohrok to make spiderlike creatures. as the idea in this prototype video outlined. Effectively, these are what I could imagine being the prototypes to the Bahrag before they had a stand-alone set. These were ambitious, combining six sets per model. I made the blue one first, and then used it as a template for the red one.

Pros: Lots of articulation; the legs and eyestalks move, and the body can fold open as a mouth of sorts.
Consistent colours, mixing like-coloured sets in the same colour arrangement as the Kaita. The capacity to hold Bohrok, they do hold at least 3 each. I used the Kal due to not having spare standard Bohrok, but they are the same. I also found that the assembled Bohrok ribcage will connect, though with no friction, to a ball joint. The heads on the antennae are intended to be the growth/shedding points of new Powerbrains.

Cons: Poor stability, despite all the legs, they are a chore to pose, and the bodies will flip open if you pick them up. They are standing on axles with the legs to stabilize them.
Additinally, the cradles on their backs are not held on by anything other than the Bohrok teeth, and are liable to come apart at the back. The antennae are attached via a voodoo ball, an is also likely to come loose.

Cahdok

Comparison

Gahdok

Comparison

Deconstruction Photos

Cahdok

Gahdok

Leftovers

“When you stare at danger, Danger stares back”

20 Likes

Nice way to make them feel more like the Swarm. Also getting Starship Troopers energy from them.

4 Likes

Excellent! They’re combiners and you even added breakdown pics. Well done!

5 Likes