Puella Magi Madoka Magica

It’s an anime about magic girls hat is super happy and really heart warming. It has no violence, which is a real big step up from most animus these days.

Until you reach episode 3, that is.

Madoka Magica is a fantastic Magical Girl anime, deconstructing the genre into something completely fantastic. Written by the infamous Gen Urobutchi, so you can tell how many tissues you are going to need. While it takes a lot (And I mean, a lot of inspiration) from Kamen Rider Ryuki, it’s a fantastic anime. And is most defiantly recommended.

So yeah.
Discuss, but for spoilers for people I would head warning for you all to use spoiler tags.

(I also made this topic so I could post pictures of my waifu Kyoko without being off topic lmao)

8 Likes

Gen the Urobutcher

2 Likes

I watched all 12 episodes in two nights, once I started, I got pulled into to the point of where I had to force myself to watch the rest later.

My advice for new people watching the show: Don’t be fooled by the first few episodes, it gets way better as it goes on and will go beyond your original expectations.

2 Likes

Thanks for shouting out this anime, I’m now going to go watch some of it.

1 Like

Madoka Magica is one of the cutest shows I’ve seen. It’s an Akiyuki Shonbou anime through and through, and the character design from Ume Aoki, the guy who made Hidamari Sketch, is a treat. The third movie was, unnescessary.

Homura best girl

2 Likes
1 Like

Not gonna lie… the show was kinda bad.

1 Like

You’re the last person I’ve expected to have watched this show.

1 Like

I think the third movie was nice… slightly confusing but nice

1 Like

My buddy Jacob and Beef wanted me to watch it.

Dub was made available on Crunchyroll.

Watched it.

Highlight of the dub.

3 Likes

Finished this recently. I was really impressed by it. I watched the movie Puella Magi Madoka Magica Rebellion and I was kind of confused. Anyone else watched it?

2 Likes

I have. Of the people whom I have spoken to that have seen the movie, opinions seem to be mixed as to whether the ending was good or not.

I for one absolutely loved the ending of Rebellion, and thought it was better than the ending of the series.

Rebellion is also the reason why Homura is one of the most interesting characters in Puella Magi, in my opinion. I love the idea that her desire to protect Madoka is what in turn corrupted her soul gem. If I have one critique, it would be that the last act of Rebellion was somewhat rushed. It ends with many unanswered questions; are the girls still bound by contract to Kyubey? What is the extent of Homura’s powers? Does the law of cycles still apply; preventing the creation of witches? Etc…

I have a few theories relating to my questions above; if I have time tomorrow I may write them out.

I just hope that whole ‘concept movie’ goes through and we get a new Puella Magi project of some sort, whether movie or show. I feel that Rebellion was purposely left a bit open-ended so that it could be picked up again in the future.

2 Likes

Me
I have conflicting feelings on the last fifteen minutes, but I hope more is made, if only to resolve that gersh-dern clerff-hernger.

2 Likes

Agreed. I liked the movie, but now they kind of to continue the franchise in some way. I’m awaiting the “concept movie” and really would like to see what happens next.

2 Likes

I presume if it were to pick up where Rebellion ended, the story would probably have something to do with Madoka discovering what Homura did (remaking the universe) or something like that. I just want an Angel Madoka vs Demon Homura fight, to be honest. In the art style of Puella Magi, it would probably be amazing…

As long as there’s more Mami, I’m happy.

2 Likes

It would be nice to see Hitomi do something more too, and in a less oppositional role.

1 Like

True

I wonder if Nagisa will return… it’d be interesting to see her and Mami interact more.

2 Likes

Nagisa?

2 Likes

Nagisa Momoe, AKA Witch Charlotte, AKA Bebe

3 Likes