Punctuation Hatred Topic!

This is the place you’ve never imagined somebody taking the time to create it, but at long last, here is the place where you can share your hatred for oddly specific aspects of punctuation.

Such as ; the exlamation mark. I hate it with a passion. It messes up the intonnation of the voice in my head

5 Likes

I hate the semi-colon, mainly because I have no idea what it does. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

It’s like a comma that ends a sentence but continues it at the same time.

3 Likes

Like spelling, punctuation tends to have issues from time to time. As long as its fairly understandable i believe its acceptable though, you can tell the intentional word and the meaning of a sentence by the context a majority of the time.

As for punctuation that confuses me, I’m unsure whether to use : or ; when about the create a list. Is there a definitive one that should be used? :s

For example; list
For example: list

7 Likes

I hate when people use hundreds of !'s at the end of their sentences
Makes them sound stupid

4 Likes

What do you mean?!?!! :wink:

1 Like

Punctuation has never really bothered me, but I guess I would say that ! is the most annoying, ? is the most spoopy, . is pretty average, and is the absolute best.

3 Likes

Let’s eat Grandma!

Let’s eat, Grandma!

Punctuation makes a big difference.

7 Likes

mata nui…OCULUS! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

4 Likes

Definitely a full colon. Here’s a good explanation of the differences: http://www.colonsemicolon.com/

(For the record, semicolons are, like, my favorite punctuation mark. XD )

Heres the meme version

9 Likes

Someone who truly understands…

3 Likes

It rustles the deepest of my jimmies when people don’t use the oxford comma.

1 Like

I hate it when people use no punctuation or capital letters. There is actually someone specific on the ttv comments that annoys me but I won’t name names.

1 Like

I absolutely hate exclamation points. There’s no reason for it; it doesn’t add any emotion, really. It’s just pointless…

On the other hand, I love (…). It’s my favorite way to end a sentence, even when it’s unnecessary…

5 Likes

Another one of you who truly understands…

2 Likes

Edited title…! -Not_legomaster

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessarily bad,but it makes people sound tired

3 Likes

And that Exclamation Mark automatically called in the entire ! Hate Club, readying their rants on that one character.

1 Like

I…

I…I add it…everywhere.

3 Likes