Quake Beast Revamp (The good one)

After my last 2 quake beast were complete failures that looks like pieces of crap thrown together in the hope that it might look slightly better than the original set which it failed to do, I decided to make another one, exept this time, make it bigger, and better.
I hope you like it so here it is:

Comments and criticism are welcome.
I hope you enjoy!
Btw this is a “revamp” so it’s not supposed to look just like the original set :P

95 Likes

It’s incredibly solid. But I think he needs his blade/protrusions sticking out of his shoulder.

8 Likes

I did try that but they just looked out of really out of place being the only silver and lime on the moc.

Thanks

4 Likes

Gosh this great, but could you try put some custom spikes on the back like the set, It would look great in purple!

4 Likes

Now THAT is a good crystal arm. I like the painted(?) Takadox head (unless it’s gunmetal?). It flows well with the texture. The legs and other arm are also good.

My main critique is the torso. It feels too short IMO.

5 Likes

Thanks Cronk!

Yeah, it is a little short, I kinda made it a little stubby to give him a bit of a brutish look.

4 Likes

That torso’s really clever.
And the crystal arm looks nice and compact.
Not sure how I like the left hand not having trans purple spikes.

3 Likes

Nicely done.

2 Likes

Thanks[quote=“AwesomeJoel27, post:7, topic:33104”]
Not sure how I like the left hand not having trans purple spikes.
[/quote]

I was wanting to do that but I just didn’t have enough of those pieces.

4 Likes

My biggest problem is the lack of some sort of spikes.

The torso seems a bit to short but it isn’t that big of an issue.

But other it is an amazing solid revamp of the worst of the beast.

2 Likes

Really liking the design, there’s a good flow in the shaping.

2 Likes

RIP The crystals coming out of its shoulders…

This is great, i absolutely love those claws and crystal-mace.

3 Likes

This should’ve been Quake Beast.
But, we get this instead.

Seriously though, this is great.
although he should have the spikes on his shoulder or whatever

3 Likes

Not bad. I think the crystal arms is miles better than the one we got with the set; it’s so much more cohesive. The maintenance of the stout physique with his legs and such was a good move, too. I feel he could use some more spikes though, to really drive home the out of control crystalline motif the sets had.

1 Like

Woah. This looks really cool. The shaping and build is really good.

1 Like

You could say that @Jack_Frost made Quake Beast, Great Again.

2 Likes

I really like this. Now I don’t own Quake Beast, but I really liked the concept LEGO went with while creating him despite his flaws, but you have realized that concept in a much cleaner build, so well done!

1 Like

I wish he still has something resembling the shoulder spikes. Like, some LoSS legs would probably work.

1 Like

Looking great!

1 Like

Good job. Much better than the original set.

1 Like