Quake Beast: The real MVP of summer 2016

Hey guys I just picked up all five of the summer 2016 and my expectations were the complete opposite of realty! I started Quake Beast first thinking it was going to be the worst of the worst, Ketar level of bad but alas it is to me the best of the summer 2016 line up. Without any further ado here is Quaker Beast

The proportions, function, and asymmetry of the model were my biggest concerns but thankfully I’m incorrect! The custom built hands are pretty basic but allow for more dynamic posing and the large purple arm has an entertaining function that has some weight when using!

Sadly the backside of the model is pretty unsightly with the seemingly tacked on side ways gear box, but stangley instead of the normal gear you just twist to activate, its a lever that you crank which is interesting.

The lower leg construction is… Interesting, the red pins are defiantly a sore thumb and is a bit depressing considering they used black pins on the uniter Gali set.

The blades can be distracting when trying to pose but are excusable

The inclusion of the Onua mask is a nice inclusion and looks interesting on Onua himself

Thus concludes my “Review” and thoughts on quake beast which is personally my favaivte set of summer 2016!

24 Likes

It doesn’t look like a heap of stinking garbage!
Good job!

2 Likes

the resemblance is uncanny…

20 Likes

Good review, you somehow managed to make Quake Beast look great.

2 Likes

this makes me excited to get quake beast even though I already was excited beforehand, never mind that

4 Likes

Could you do me a massive favor? I don’t have quake beast yet, so I can’t try this out myself, but is it possible to add another one of the smaller arms to the side with the bigger, crystal arm?
Thanks!

3 Likes

It actually looks really good like this.

2 Likes

[quote=“Pak, post:1, topic:23798”]
Ketar level of bad
[/quote]…

So I guess I’ll hate the summer wave as much as I thought I would then.

Because your opinion is wrong.

1 Like

That looks so much better than I thought. Sure, the light purple looks kind of odd, but I might still buy this as apposed to Lava beast, or maybe I’ll get both as soon as I see a review on him.

1 Like

You have learned well my child

the sins never die

Anyway I appreciate the review, really nice pictures taken.

However I still absolutely hate this set, it is complete garbage.

12 Likes

You have seen the light.

4 Likes

Do you mean Tacked on?

1 Like

What?! Why didn’t anyone tell me this? I thought black pins were dead!

Also: where did you get this? Brickipedia and Lego.com say they’re not being sold yet.

2 Likes

I figured this was the best
Glad to see I’m correct

2 Likes

Hope you aren’t like Var…

and upon getting the set he says it’s actually pretty good :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes