Quotes editing themselves out of messages

Occasionally when I quote someone (which happens a lot), the message I send will edit the quote out as it sends, and the edit log counts it as something I did. It’s happened consistently enough that it’s becoming a bit of an issue.

Any idea what’s causing this?

3 Likes

I’ve had this problem too, though seemingly only when replying to particular people.

1 Like

I too have this problem.

1 Like

Filler text.

Testing…

Edit: works for me, at least on this post.

Yea, but that’s just one example.

It’s also apparently not a consistent bug. There have been a few times where it won’t trigger, but I can’t determine what causes it.

1 Like

Yeah this is an issue for sure

it happened to me twice. It’s making it hard for me to see what specifically someone is referencing when they reply to me, or in most cases, what I’m referencing when I reply to someone else.
IDK what the core issue is, but this is definitely something that I’d appreciate being fixed in the very near future

please someone help me it’s happened at least five times in one day why is this site so cruel to me

1 Like

Just get better, bro.

Oh I’m pretty sure this is because you quoted the entire post directly above you. In that case the site auto edits it out because if someone is reading the topic, they just see the same thing twice and then your response. It’s different if you only quote a certain phrase or clause or whatever.

A nifty loophole is to quote the entire post except the last period.

1 Like

Let’s tset taht teohry.
Edit: huh, it does. First time I’ve had taht happen.
Edit2: hi gihd.

3 Likes