Raanu the Wizard

Yes. A wizard.

This is a version of Raanu that I designed for a story that I’m working on: Shattered Universe. Very basic design, but I wasn’t striving for anything super special. That’s for characters that don’t exist in the original Bionicle storyline yet.

I don’t know how many people know of my MoCing style when I develop characters, but what I do is get a name, then I create a personality. To do this, I try to find one or two songs that fit the character. I got these two songs for Raanu.

Raanu’s character was a bit interesting. He has power, but that is something he fears in others. Yet, he must use the power he has to keep others safe. He appears wise, and he is, but he is always afraid that he won’t do enough. However, his experience as a leader has helped him to stay in control of a situation. He always tries to appear as a “good guy,” coming to aid others. He does not want to be seen as something akin to a tyrant. He simply want to be seen the same way he always has been seen. But his physical appearance and power have changed, making it hard for others to respect him the same way as before. He’s a rather complex character.

19 Likes

slowly backs away

what…

3 Likes

He’s not a Glatorian, and he’s not a Toa. So he’s a wizard.

Go read the story if you want to understand.

2 Likes

I like him and his simplicity it fits him, maybe a clock would make him look cooler.

2 Likes

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!

Sorry, couldn’t help but make that reference. Onto the MOC, he’s fairly cool, I like what you did with the cape. And the build, though using some Inika parts does have some nice design choices such as the legs. My only problem would be that the Nuva shoulder pads kinda break the flow of the MOC. Nice job on the whole!

2 Likes

Thanks! I was trying to make him look like a new character while still giving him this feel:

with the respective thickness of the legs and arms. The orange armor on his legs is supposed to represent the top part of boots, to cover up the relative thinness that his legs would have. I didn’t really know what to do with the upper arms, so I just went with that.

3 Likes

This is wonderful given the original raanu was one of my first sets (along with malum) it gives me a little bit of nostalgia looking at it

2 Likes

(insert harry potter reference here). Good job by the way.

3 Likes

I really like the MOC. Raanu was my favorite agori, and this is an amazing revamp.

1 Like

You’re a wizard Raanu.
Ever thought of making a custom torso?

1 Like

Yes; as I said earlier, I didn’t want to make him too complex. I suppose I could go back and redesign the torso, but he looks good for right now.

Especially since I’m currently working on a MoC of the Mata Nui robot that’s going to be about 5 feet tall.

3 Likes

You’re a wigger Raanu.

4 Likes

Wizard: Flame Style.

I like it. :smile:

2 Likes

Wait… What now good sir?

4 Likes

RAANU, PLEASE!
RA, RA, RA RA RA RA!

I reall like the this MOC, I think it captures the feel of the limbs you were going for perfectly! The cloak is also really nice, mind if you tell me what set it’s from? =P

5 Likes

I got it from Furno XL, from HF Brain Attack. He’s still available for $25 from Amazon, if you’re interested.

3 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/HNT1fPF.gif

6 Likes

Very good luck indeed. This was after only 18 straight hours of work.

7 Likes

If you can pull this off than you should be a guest on the TTV podcast :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

…I look forward to seeing this done.

6 Likes