RaggedClaws 2.0 - Upgrade to self MOC

RaggedClaws 2.0

Finally got around to remaking my original self moc! I like it because I feel like this MOC shows how much i’ve learnt and evolved as a MOC maker over the year and a bit i’ve been doing it. I’ve also managed to fit it into the story of RaggedClaws somehow. It was a bit of a shock going back to my original topic and reading the story. It was really briefly written and a lot of big stories were condensed into cheesy sentences. Anyway, the end of Gamma team ends up with RaggedClaws heading back to Hero Factory. Obviously, it’s been a long time since he went back there, so there was a mixture of shock and delight of his return. After a lot of discussion, they decided to let RaggedClaws back into Hero Factory and give him a well deserved upgrade. He was put on a sword training program with Elsie Blade and inducted into a new Hero team, reprising his former role of field medic/engineer.

this is the worst pose i’ve ever done for a photoshoot

But yeah, there he is, twas a bit of fun to make

29 Likes

Seeing HF MOCs these days is a rarity, and it always fills me with nostalgia to see one. Nice work.

2 Likes

0/10
Claws aren’t ragged enough

I like this, the colour scheme is good and the build looks pretty good to.

4 Likes

I never thought I’d say this but,
I think you should paint the head,
Or use decals or something, the trans head looks weird.

1 Like

heresy.

In all seriousness, that’s not a bad idea! However, I don’t really know what to paint on his head and I’m not very good at it ):

why

As for the MOC, it’s good. The color scheme is balanced, and the build works well.

4 Likes

You don’t have to paint intricate patterns or anything, just orange and maybe silver, I would paint the face silver and the rest orange,
I’ve done a bit of custom work, so here’s a basic guide of what I would do.
just use masking(optimally painters tape, but you can just mess with the glue a little to make masking tape basically the same stickiness) tape and cover the eyes, use a blade of some sort to cut the tape along the edge of the eyes, paint(I’d use spray paint because I’m lazy and I think it looks better, but acrylic brush paint would probably work) the piece, wait a couple hours for it to dry, tape off the face and cut along the edge like the eyes, then paint the rest, let dry then remove tape, voila, custom head, and it still has trans eyes.

2 Likes

Sweet mate, I might grab some acrylic paints when I’m next in town and experiment with a head over the weekend! If it’s successful, I’ll post update pics here.

1 Like

I should add, the tape is because I use spray paint and you can’t exactly be precise with it, but the tape would keep you from messing up the paint regardless.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve got some spare, so i’ll defo use it.

Want it c l e a n

A definite improvement. The trans blue head looks a little odd against the rest of him, but great job otherwise.

1 Like

I would like the MOC… I really would…

But you made it dab, thus loosing all decency as a MOCist.

1 Like

Bonus RaggedClaws Lore: when raggedclaws performed the dab in HF HQ, he was disassembled and his parts burnt to a crisp for his crimes. the end.

3 Likes

He deserved no less. :wink:

1 Like

I feel like there’s something off about where the colors are placed. I think the metal should serve either as a layer under the orange or just be at the ends of the limbs instead of both.

0/10 We do not dab in 2017. /s

3 Likes

Nice. Very nice. I like the torso construction.

1 Like

He still look like an engineer/medic.

1 Like

best photo in the entire topic 10/10 gg no re

1 Like