Rahi MOC: Matape Tortoise

Hellou people again! This is MrBT showing something for you again, but this time something small and different. Here we have Rahi MOC, Matape Tortoise!

How-To:

Bio: Matape Tortoise by MrBoltTron on DeviantArt

So, firstly, this tortoise is going to be my Toa of Plantlife’s pet Rahi, but since I have almost finished Bo-Toa, why not photographing beforehand this lovely Rahi creature. Matape comes from “matapae” term from Maori Language, which means “prediction”. Technically like Dermis Turtles which they can detect storms and they hide in shells. Except these Matapae Tortoises can predict viewer’s future, but I made up that those tortoises appears to have seven different colors, red, blue, green, brown, black, a
White and pearly grey, you’ll see Matape Tortoise’s bio by clicking that link.
The prediction events idea is mostly influenced from Until Dawn horror game, especially totems. I have no more information about Matape Tortoise, but that’s about it. Feel free comment and share criticisms, as they are always helpful for MOCing! This has been MrBT, and I’ll see ya soon, with another Rahi MOC, but, in revamped form. Bye bye!

88 Likes

Cute!

3 Likes

Now everybody Aww now.

Everybody: AWWWWWWWWWWWWW

10 Likes

It’s adorable and has a Kanohi!

I love the brown and green combination. The eyes being trans-pink is also beautiful.

2 Likes

Saw this on tumblr. Looks cool!

1 Like

This is amazing man, nice job.

3 Likes

Ayy someone else has a pet!

I love the build, and the colors are perfect.

1 Like

It’s so adorable. So smol.

3 Likes

That’s adorable. Different color scheme and I think that could fit pretty nicely into canon.

1 Like

I’d been meaning to use a Nuva mask for a tortoise MOC myself, but the end result fell flat. You really, really managed to make it work for what few pieces there are!

1 Like

looks really funny !!

1 Like

I like it, it reminds me of the turtle from the Exo Suit 21109 set - just cuter and more organic looking.

1 Like

This is pretty cute. Nice use of pohatu nuva’s mask

1 Like

That’s Onua Nuva’s mask, but in brown

2 Likes

Yup, just realised that after having a closer look at it

1 Like

Best use of the Pakari Nuva ever.

2 Likes

hey look, its that creature that I would soullessly murder in super Mario brothers

3 Likes

That’s quite naughty and nasty :poop:

2 Likes

in super ekimu brothers :wink:

2 Likes

Pohatu must be on a quest to find his missing Pakari Nuva :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes