Ranaki Pakewa's Voice Acting Audition

What better way to test my voice acting and animation skills than to make an animation about an audition. XD

I made this entire video in one night, so it is a bit rushed, but it should be a good look at my abilities when I am on a time crunch.

Credit goes to @Booster_Gold, @Political_Slime, @Donte_teh_Dem0n_Killahxxx and @ColdGoldLazarus for scripting ideas. :wink:

21 Likes

oh my god, this was glorious XD

I feel like your lewa shouldā€™ve been a little more expressive though

5 Likes

Very nicely done.

I applaud how you changed a few words in the last one

5 Likes

Something about the way you recited the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air song made it sound like a depressing poem.

But in all seriousness, itā€™s pretty good. My only recommendation is to try to give a little more expression to characters like Lewa.

Other than that itā€™s good.

8 Likes

Iā€™m gonna take a potshot at who made which scripts

the first one was booster

second one was Slurm

Fresh prince was Pot8o Donte

Lewa skit was CGL

also

this picture is great

8 Likes

Nice. A bit more enunciation and expression is what Iā€™d suggest you work on. It was difficult at times to distinguish the two characters.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was recording and shooting at night when the family was trying to sleep, so I couldnā€™t be too loud, and I did take a few to little pics for animating.

XD He was supposed to be reminiscing about his past kinda, so I guess the nostalgia in his voice did that? :stuck_out_tongue:

Considering you were in the same pm, I donā€™t know how fair this will be, but ok. :wink:

Yep

mhm

Yee

Datā€™s right.

Congrats! You got them all right! :smile:

XD Thatā€™s why it is the thumbnail. :wink:

Iā€™ll have to keep that in mind. I did the entire recording in one long piece, so I was switching voices in real time. I should record the lines separately and one character at a time, and then piece them into place.

5 Likes

west TTVdelphia, born and raised, the playground ranaki spend most of his days

This was really good.

4 Likes

Very nicely done! I also noticed you switched out some words from the original script; good call. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

brilliant

1 Like

I tend to go off script with things a bit, especially with ā€œsomeā€ words. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, probably a good idea. XD

2 Likes

the animation: basic, but not bad

the voice: could be better. for your character, it was aight. But it was pretty much the same voice for Luwa, and wasnā€™t terribly different for PoJknight.

audio quality: alright, but i had to put headphones on in order to hear ya (though that might just be the AC in my room). also i think you bumped the mic a few times

im onli been honest bc i luv u ranki, pl0x don take dis rong way

3 Likes

Rushed between the hours of 1 and 2 AM. I plan on increasing the animation speed quite a bit.

That is what happens when I rush my recording at midnight without recording lines separately. I plan on reading each characterā€™s lines separately so I can stay in character while recording.

I think it is your AC, but it also was late, so I was trying to not be to loud. The mic bumping was probably me breathing. XD

Quality reviews like this is one of the reasons I wuv u 2. :relaxed:

4 Likes

I dunno, the voice acting was kinda monotone for meā€¦ :frowning:

3 Likes

Nice.

2 Likes