RaptorTalon: Dimensional Hunter

After bringing Crimson to justice, RaptorTalon was re-outfitted for dimensional travel, with the intent to apprehend the rogue agent known as Zonk Hero.

RaptorTalon (aka @Da_Stronk_Destroyer ) has been a friend of mine ever since he first joined MOCpages, and he’s gone from a simple CCBS builder to making some pretty impressive stuff. I’ve messed around with the idea of an MOV of the character for a while, and seeing the resurgence of Hero Factory MOCs for HeroFebruary convinced me to give it a shot.

Knowing that my last few attempts at BIO-MOCing all ended in disinterest, I focused my efforts on reverse engineering the design of the original, then adding my own spin on it when I couldn’t go further with it - most evident in the chest design and the asymmetrical legs.

As always, comments and critique are appreciated.

31 Likes

An excellent reimagining, and a solid recreation of the original in the areas where it shows through!

Nice work, man!

Mmmm Mustache.

Very nice especially that mustache

actual image of raptortalon after he is exposed to dashcon and has decided to descend to the depths of h*eck and end the devil once and for all

I understand the addition of the back in order for the mask to make sense, but the inclusion if it really doesn’t mesh well anywhere it slows up. Overall the shaping is good, but the dummy leg and gunmetal arm piece are obviously because you don’t have the pieces really clash with the rest of the design. It might have been better to do a black/gunmetal respin of the entire design and make it the edgelord variant.

Actually, I might just do that…

1 Like

I like how you made the moc assymetric. I understand that was due to a lack of parts, but it reminds me a lot of the official hero factory sets, which just sorta threw on whatever parts they felt like using or that set. Very good moc, though I think that the black could be integrated better.

My boy, my beautiful boy.

Thanks for building him! He came out pretty great!

4 Likes