Reasons your family doesn't like TTV (and/or Bonkle)

So anyways I was talking with my brothers and somehow Ven’s name came up. Well the instant they heard it they immediately made faces and said “uggh… Venom stinks!” Venom is one of my favorite characters so when they said that I was like, “Well why don’t you like venom? He’s one of the best hosts.” to which they replied, “He sounds so weird.”. Anyways, I guess they don’t like him because of his one line in the TTE prank which was ‘We got him!’.

Anyways, that’s one of my many stories about why some of my family doesn’t like TTV. What are some of your stories? And hopefully this lasts a little longer than my comeback topic.

10 Likes

Most of my family is ok with me liking Bionicle, but my mother…
Yeah, she does not like the concept of AFOLs.
So, by extent, she doesn’t like TTV, though she doesn’t even know of them.

It’s funny though, because I was helping her at work today, and while doing so I was listening to TTV talks crap about each other ha ha.

8 Likes

My family likes TTV

-Mesonak

39 Likes

My family doesn’t know what TTV is.

8 Likes

Same here.

10 Likes

I wonder why

6 Likes

Ha ha, no I get it.
And by AFOLs, I don’t mean the steryotype, just people who like lego that are older.
But yeah, I can understand her point of view.

1 Like

My family doesn’t like TTV based on the fact that they’ll say something at dinner or some such event that reminds me of a TTV moment, and then I’ll quote it and they’ll have zero idea of what I’m talking about.

EXAMPLE
We were at my grandparents house for Sunday lunch, and my parents and grandparents do what they always do after we eat: talk politics. At one point the word “theology” got thrown around in the mix and I interjected with-

“Well, if there’s one thing I know, is that when it comes to theology, you can’t peel a car.”

They then proceeded to look at me as if I had antlers growing out of my head.

19 Likes

Ohh so that’s why your family doesn’t like TTV? Because if it’s not then GET OF MAH (well technically Var owns the boards so it’s his) LAWN!

Is it wise for me to yell at a cast member?

6 Likes

Same here. My family doesn’t know who “The Tree Vultures” are.

2 Likes

They think it exists.
I have no clue if they like or dislike it, though…
(But they are entertained by the occasional joke I tell them from the podcast, so I guess it’s all good?)

2 Likes

lol i don’t even know anyone IRL who knows what TTV is

15 Likes

same.

1 Like

“Hey Cronk what’s that you’re listening?”

“A Bonkle podcast.”

“Ew that’s so nerdy.”

Basically sums up what most of my family thinks of TTV.

28 Likes

My dad seems to think that TTV is the competition to the BCC podcast, even though we’re leagues apart :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

My family doesn’t like TTV cause I spend all my time on their message boards instead of doing anything productive with my life :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that I think about it, my family doesn’t really care about TTV probably cause no one I know IRL knows about them.

5 Likes

Yep.

My dad once called this place the BZBoards, and I’ve been calling them that ever since.

~W12~

6 Likes

Honestly, My mom just accepts it is part of my hobby, and I have repeated a few jokes (Like Mardi Gra, the smell of nose, ETC) No one has a bad reception to it…other then my older brother…sometimes. But mainly cause he hates Vessel and thinks TTV is a bunch of sell-outs.

4 Likes

You should tell him he’s a sell-out when he gets a job, or if he IS in a job.

6 Likes

He just hates Vessel and does not believe all the good it has done.

(and yes, I have tried what you said, he is stubborn)

3 Likes