Regarding Cole...

Earlier today, news surfaced that Kirby Morrow, who voiced Cole through 13 seasons of Ninjago, has unexpectedly died. I was sad to hear this news, since I always liked Cole, and I was really glad he got a season in Master Of The Mountain.

But what does this mean for Cole going forward? I don’t think the show will write Cole out or kill him off, since he’s been one of the central characters for many years-even before Lloyd came on the scene. The only other scenario I can think of is hiring a new voice actor for Cole. But, whatever happens, we still appreciate Kirby Morrow’s contributions to the Ninjago franchise.

8 Likes

Aw, sucks to hear that. Cole was always my favorite of the originals.

2 Likes

I just saw the news on Twitter about him passing away, it’s so awful! I was a fan of a bunch of his work.

I do agree with you though, I think they will most likely hire a new voice actor to play Cole, considering that he is still a fairly popular character.

4 Likes

May he rest in peace, whatever happens Kirby’s legacy will never be forgotten :sob:

3 Likes

This is devastating news! My thoughts and prayers are with Kirby’s friends and family…

Cole was one of my favorite Ninja, and I’m glad Kirby got a chance to have the spotlight in Season 13.

I personally can’t imagine anyone filling his shoes, so I might prefer Cole to leave the show rather than have a new voice actor.

Once again, Kirby will never be forgotten.

Let’s keep the legacy of Ninjago alive #forKirby

3 Likes

What exactly was the cause of his death?

1 Like

Still unknown

1 Like

So they could do one of three things.

• Have cole die in the show (Mr. Hooper scenario)
  • Re-use old voice lines for cole until they find a better solution (Princess leia scenario)
  • get a new voice actor (Big Bird scenario)

EDIT: Ok for anyone wondering what I mean by this, each of these characters voice actors/actors died, each one handled it differently.

3 Likes

I’ve heard it’s possible that his lines for season 14 and possibly even 15 have already been recorded, I have no idea how true this is though.

6 Likes

I think it’s more likely that his S14 lines have already been recorded, and not S15.

1 Like