Regarding the cancelled 2001 Bionicle game

YES,

Found this link while surfing the 4chan /V board.

The 2001 Bionicle game has been released, this 100% real. with the entire OST in tact (Somebody call SilvaGunner we gotta rip this stuff in high quality HD). Will work on Windows XP, and Windows 7&8 with windows XP compatibility settings turned on.

Sadly it will not work on windows 10. Further info can be found on the Biomedia project page.

(Geeze I hope I am doing this whole TTV Message Board thing right, as this is my first post and I at least hope I am one of the first few people to notify this community about this).

EDIT (added from a double post): Also, do not forget a friend of mine has uploaded the entire OST to his soundcloud alt (Or at least what he could find. We do both think that’s everything though).

Here’s the link https://soundcloud.com/templatteslajr

Have fun.

EDIT (yes another edit): A friend of mine has tested a Windows XP virtual machine on a Windows 10 computer to see if he could play the LoMN game on it…

It worked. So, while I don’t know the specifics of how he got the VM to run (apparently it was his brother who set it up for him), we now know that VMs definitely do work when trying to play the game. The controls were a bit wonky though (mainly the camera). I will try to keep this topic updated if anything else surfaces.

5 Likes

Welcome! Although here on the Boards there’s a thing called Double Posting which the mods will get you for, so instead of replying to your own posts/replying in separate posts, just edit your original post/reply to multiple people in the same reply!

Seriously? Like, the full game? I thought it was never completed, how did this happen?

Sadly indeed. Wonder if I can dual-boot my system to Windows 7?..

1 Like

Oh, okay thank you for the information.

While the game hasn’t been “released” per say it’s more like it kinda just ended up on the Biomedia project website and I found a link to the page on 4chan. I do not know how it ended up there. Also I do not know how complete this build of the game is but it is apparently a build earlier than the one found in youtube videos. The build is Alpha 0.006 to be exact.

My friend who played it said he found 7 levels (one for each of the Toa and one for Makuta), they all load yet they do not show anything just a black screen. This is probably because he did not change the SvpRad in the Bionicle.ini file from 0 to 1. Or it may be another reason entirely. I am not versatile in computer programming.

1 Like

From what I caught in the livestream it was leaked by either a Lego or ex-Saffire employee. That person will remain anonymous for obvious reasons.

edit: who wants a baby Muaka

9 Likes

What livestream?

You can find it at the TheBeaverhouse twitch channel. I won’t link it directly because the commentary is rather NSFW, but it shouldn’t be hard to find.

1 Like

Ok, Thank you.

This brings me a lot of excitement.

1 Like

AWESOME!!! I’ve been waiting for this for years! Now I can finally play it!

1 Like

How has it been; anyone played it?

1 Like

I have not played it yet (Still trying to figure out the windows 10 virtual machine stuff at the moment), But from what I’ve heard it’s playable yet buggy. Such as this one example I found from another 4Chan /v post: apparently in the Lewa stage there is a point where you must swing on some vines. Yet because of the coding for the vines being incomplete and buggy it’s a random chance if you’ll swing or not. Also the controls are janky from what I’ve heard from TheBeaverhouse livestream. As a plus they’ve uploaded that LoMN stream to their YouTube channel so that’s good.

1 Like

There’s now a patch that adds Windows 10 compatibility! It’s an automatic install, just run the .exe file.

Patch notes:

[quote]Beaverhouse Legend of Mata Nui Patch Notes

v0.001:
• Upscaled the game’s default resolution, and allowed for changes from Bionicle.ini to take effect (JrMasterModelBuilder)
• Fixed Turaga Nuju’s animations (Omega12)
• Fixed Onu-Matoran dancers being invisible (Omega12)

v0.002
• Fixed Le-Koro crash (Omega12)
• Fixed Po-Wahi crash (■■■■■■■■■■■■)
• Fixed Akamai crash (Vahkiti)

v0.003
• Added Windows 10 support (JrMasterModelBuilder)
• Fixed crash on warping to Gali’s shrine (■■■■■■■■■■■■)
• Fixed Turaga Nokama rendering invisible (■■■■■■■■■■■■)

v0.004
• Patches are now included in a fancy new installer! Ooh! Ahhh! (Vahkiti)
• Fixed Onu-Matoran dancers For real this time! (Vahkiti)

Note: To get true widescreen out of this, either set your display to ignore letterboxing, or run it through DXWnd and set the window size under Main/Position/W & H to 1366x768. In addition to DXWnd alone, this will also fix the game’s issues with alt+tabbing.[/quote]

2 Likes

Woah, nice!

I will definitely try this out when I have the time to do so.

I saw a play through on Bio Sector. It’s not a match for Halo: CE or GTA3 (2001), but could have been a great game, had it been finished.

B-but I use Windows 10. :anguished:

“This is where the fun begins!”

So this happened. We finally got the beta bois. :+1:

2 Likes