Reller, my newest MOC

Well, here I am with my first post! This is my most recent MOC, Reller. He is a qhutonnian (a species in my storyline) and is somewhat of a villain. I’m still working on the details of his story so I can’t say much more.

EDIT: Topic has been updated with images rather than links. :smiley:

Personally, I’m not too pleased with the lack of consistency between the Piraka foot on his chest and the rest of his armour, though I suppose that’s a minor gripe.

I’m also not fond of the exposed connectors by his shoulder, so I just shoved a couple of golden studs there and called it a day. Any suggestions as to what I could do to cover those up?

I would have uploaded more images but there was an error preventing me from doing so. Anyway, all constructive criticism is welcome. Please let me know what you think!

13 Likes

I like how you mixed new and old bionicle. People do that a lot now…

2 Likes

Coolio. I especially like the weapon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! The weapon was actually pretty annoying to build because the tires were difficult to slide onto the axle piece. Though I’m pleased with the result.

1 Like

This is really good. I like how the designs work together. Nice job overall.

2 Likes

@ToaKeravnos I thought the golden Skull Spider mask was perfect for the look. Gotta move with the times. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Ventum Thank you!

If I could critique anything it would be the open pins on the inner lower legs. A couple of small technic bits can fix that though. Over all this is a great moc and a prime example of what you can make with constraction. Also, his lance might look just a little better if you use one of these instead.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. I just tried out replacing Gelu’s blade with the one you suggested and personally prefer the original because it gives the weapon more of a lance-like look. But I have covered up those exposed pins, so thanks for suggesting to cover them up because I never really noticed them before.

1 Like

I like it. Although the various tones of gold don’t seem to mesh very well in my eye. Maybe it looks better in hand. Overall, very nice.

1 Like

Very neat-looking. I like the use of Knights’ Kingdom armor.

I can’t upload pictures either.

1 Like

I seem to be able to upload pictures now, so I’ll be updating this topic with images when I have the time. I hope the issue is resolved soon for you!

I’ll be checking that right now.

Oh, I forgot to say, Great job!

1 Like

nice. Love the feet. but i feel like you should change the end of the staff, it doesn’t fit with the rest of the MOC.

1 Like

OMG, @Rando may I marry those feet? I am completely in love with them! I also really like the lower legs too. I personally don’t mind the silver on the lance, I I imagine as say a gold knight holding a normal sword, but I would like to see more light trans blue on this guy. Overall I’ll give it two thumbs up :wink:

3 Likes

@ghosty
I guess I’ll be changing the blade at the tip of the staff then. Thanks for your feedback!

@Corex11
I wasn’t sure how people would respond to the feet, so I’m very glad you like them (not sure about the marriage part, though :P). Thanks!

(Double post - fixed by Scarilian)

you’re welcome!

I have to say that better lighting and some ankle-room would be good. His lower legs look a bit stiff. Same thing with his wrists, but slightly larger hands could also fix that. Overall though, it a pretty solid build.

1 Like

Your observations are pretty spot on, both the wrists and legs are difficult to move, the legs in particular. I’ll try using larger hands and opening up some more space around his legs, thanks!

1 Like

No problem man, 'twas my pleasure. :wink:

I like the Leg desigen, the hands and i like the withe and gold coolers.

1 Like