Removable Axles in Masks?

Why does the Ignika and other 2008 Masks have a red axel to plug into the head? Is it just a design choise? Just wanna know

9 Likes

Iā€™ve always found it curious as well.

2 Likes

But is there a reason you can think of?

2 Likes

Maybe LEGO felt like the pin connector was too easy to break, so they went with the much sturdier Axle. I dunno.

4 Likes

No, no, weā€™re talking about the removable axles in masks from 2008.

Edited Title for clarity

2 Likes

I think it was to diversify the piece use. By doing that, the masks now can connect with the blue half pins (Iā€™m not sure what theyā€™re called) and can connect with more pieces other than pieces with axle holes.

7 Likes

I know. What if the original prototypes had really terribad axles, causing LEGO to have the pin hole connector thingy magig to replace it? Itā€™s not the best idea in the world, but still.

Also, you forgot to capitalize the A and M in the title, silly.

1 Like

Oh. Oops.

Edited Title AGAIN

1 Like

#Plural_ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– _Sometimes

2 Likes

No, very often you tend to put capitals for no reason. :laughing:

3 Likes

Well,

1 Like

Itā€™s weird because my 08 Takanuva has a molded axle. Maybe the plastic used for those masks, like the lime joints, were weak so they needed to use a normal axel?

ThatĀ“s probable, my BrutakaĀ“s Olmak broke and also my ReidakĀ“s big weapon, Maybe itĀ“s got something to do with the golden axels

For some reason the axle connection in my Ignika is very loose. Same with Pridakā€™s head; the red axles come off way too easily :confused:

2 Likes

Know the feeling bruh

1 Like

Itā€™s a thing that helps with weaker plastic, but It can lead to wobbly axles. The solution is to just use stronger plastic.

2 Likes

found in Broken/Damaged Masks topic
thatā€™s why

Thereā€™s a special type of pen that uses a thicker ink. If you paint the loose axle and stick it in, it will stay. Also you can still pull it out and wash it off if you want your axle back :stuck_out_tongue:

The brand is ā€œDecoColorā€, but i imagine simmilar ā€˜paint pensā€™ will work too

1 Like

look at you being a master

The designers probably had a few hundred of bucks left so they just put a red axle in the masks.

3 Likes

I know. Iā€™m so happy. :relaxed:

1 Like