Retractable hood or no hood for Matoran

I know that there are Matoran who have Kanohi masks enhanced with Telescopic Lenses like the following in Example 1, as well as how Matoran can be reconstructed/rebuilt in Example 2.

Example 1 - Figure 1: A Kanohi Matatu with a Telescopic Lens

Example 2

Figure 1 - Before "The Rebuilding"

Figure 2 - After "The Rebuilding"

I know that there are some Matoran that are rebuilt in Karzahni, however the Matoran are rebuilt to a weaker state. What I want to know is that can it be possible to have a Matoran rebuilt to have a retractable hood? In Ben 10 Omniverse, the form, “Water Hazard” had a retractable hood. If an alien life form is able to have a hood that is retractable, what is stopping a Matoran from having a retractable hood? If it is possible, is it canon to the Bionicle storyline? Don’t get me wrong, it would be really awesome to see a Po-Matoran with a Hood on or maybe a Ko-Matoran with a hood as it would be cool (No pun intended).

4 Likes

That would probably be possibly, as we have Vezon wearing a cape in both sets containing his figure. A retractable hood would make sense, given the bulky shapes of many Kanohi.

2 Likes

That was cloth-like, similar to the fabrics used by the Turaga from Bionicle: Mask Of Light.

3 Likes

Coming at it from the other side, is there any reason it wouldn’t be possible? The very fact that constructing custom lifeforms is an option leaves me personally inclined to believe it’s definitely possible, although I don’t recall such a function being built into the person. The only instance of a hood being thrown that I can recall is Brutaka revealing Roodaka to the Steltian merchant in Federation of Fear, but that was a separate hood made from plant fibers

4 Likes

considering the extensive usage of cloth in the matoran universe, it would not make sense to make a hood permanently adhered to one’s body when it could be an addition in the form of a piece of attire.

5 Likes

What are you talking about it is impossible? I don’t think that is the case. I mean do you remember those retro cars that can have their hoods come off or foldable? I am thinking that could work, but not 100 % to a Matoran’s case. Though it might make the Matoran’s head hard to move, and the only thing that can move are the Matoran’s eyes.

Furthermore it could be possible. I mean you remember seeing gears on a Leafhopper right. If that is the case, shouldn’t Matoran evolve further too? I mean they are living as well.

3 Likes

I think what Wek’s saying is that while it doesn’t appear in the story, there’s no reason why it couldn’t exist in the story.

Could be useful for facing more extreme weather conditions

As far as I can tell the retractable hood from Ben 10 mentioned in the original post extends to cover the entire face, which could help to protect the user from duststorms, blizzards, hail, or falling rocks, essentially functioning as an additional layer of armor.
Water_Hazard_(Omniverse)
TT_(439)

4 Likes

So you mean that it is possible for a retractable bio mechanical hood to be a part of a Matoran’s Body to make him/her adapt from extreme weather similarly to Adaptive Armor?

3 Likes

might it keep everyone from dying?

4 Likes