Rider Unit AA-91: Lava

Suspension: Single-point Adjustable
Equipment: Thermal Suppression Canon, Pneumatic rock-clearing Hook, Long-Com system.

Mission Profile: Journey to thermally active areas (fires, lava floes, damaged geothermal plants, etc.) and clear debris, suppress fire, disable and destroy Virus forces, restore functionality.

Propulsion: One advanced fusion-cell drive core (modified for high-heat environments), with backup hydrogen-combustion drive, twin chemical-rocket boosters.

Combat Profile: Mind saved from Virus imprisonment. Determined, life-favouring, bold.

Service History: Successful action against Virus forces since deployment. Effective reclamation of Equatorial volcanic region. Last transmission indicates AA-91 is disabled. Awaiting recovery.

Part of my loose reinterpretation of the RoboRiders line, this one goes pretty far from the source material, sharing little but colours and a name. That said, Lava the set didn’t really have much of an identity beyond being a trike in a line of bikes - generally the RoboRiders lacked a lot of the elemental/thematic styling that the Slizers had and the Toa Mata continued, so I aimed to give a bit back here with the large sci-fi fire extinguisher and big red hook. It would have been an axe, but I didn’t have a suitable piece. The aim was to make him look like some sort of militarised firefighting robot bike

21 Likes

This wave of RoboRiders redesigns are quite inspiring! I was wondering, is the gear at the bottom actually functional to angle the back wheel?

4 Likes

Yes, turning the black gear on the back adjusts the rear wheels height, and a rubber babd provides suspension

3 Likes

Ah, another really cool looking RoboRider revamp! I rather like the redesign of ol’ Lava here - the new tools and different frame mesh well with the mechanical elements and sci-fi bits. Awesome job!

2 Likes

Pretty good but it would be better with the lava’s original red head

3 Likes

Yeah, I finally found my 3 spare Lava heads while building my Swamp revamp, and it does work better like that. I might post a follow up

2 Likes

Yeah, better with the original head

3 Likes

Now that is more like it. If only a red version of Lewa Mata’s axe was available (or probably a multicolored Tahu Mata’s Fire Sword is a good alternative)

3 Likes

By the way are there any plans for the last 3 Dust and Onyx and Power?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got plans for Dust, a rough idea for Power, and thoughts on an aquatic RoboRider. Not sure if I’ll do Onyx because he was such a basic set, but it seems a shame not to if I end up building all the others

2 Likes

Onyx was indeed rather basic including his weapon. His gear system also means his unguarded skull his can’t always the same angle with his real head.