Rider Unit AA-95: Dust

"Suspension: Single point adjustable, torsion-bar forward struts.

Equipment: Twin double-barrel plasma cannons, twin drillspike rock-breakers.

Mission profile: Traverse the Great Desert, locate survivor groups, combat Virus forces, secure groundside orbital elevator station to prevent Virus takeover of starside assets."

"Propulsion: Hardened fusion-cell drive core, backup hydrogen combustion engine.

Combat Profile: Mind recovered from Virus imprisonment. Hard, disciplined, vengeful.

Service History: Successful completion of mission - groundside station secured. Dust lost on return journey in Virus-created sandstorm. Awaiting recovery?"

I went a little different with Dust, using both the original design influence (for the big twin spikes) and going wildly off on my own path with the tank-like design. I’m fairly pleased, all in all

25 Likes

While I wish this interpretation of Dust had more tan yellow, the bulky and rudimentary design brings the Mad Max vibes for a fantasy desert vehicle of its kind. What I admire the most is how the Zesk helmet leads to the trans lime green tube, as if the cannons’ ammo originates from an alien being rather than a machine.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was going to use tan Mata feet instead of the grey ones, but I didn’t have any available, and it would have lead to less well grouped colours.

I’m really glad that came through, because it was thee idea I was aiming to suggest!

1 Like

I’d say this makes sense with the sandier terrain that Dust would likely encounter.

2 Likes