Rider Unit AA-99: Frost

Suspension: Multi-point Adjustable
Equipment: Twin Thermic Lance weapons systems for clearing corrupted ice and damaging Virus forces in cold climates, winterised systems, heavy armour, high-traction system.

Mission Profile: Travel to Northern polar region, stabilise artificial polar caps to prevent sea level rise. Repulse Virus forces from water reclamation processors. Hold the line. Search for survivors.

Propulsion: One advanced fusion-cell drive core (modified for low-temperature environments), with backup hydrogen-combustion drive. Rear tread for increased traction in snow and slush.

Combat Profile: Mind saved from Virus imprisonment. Detached yet determined. Fiercely loyal. Uncompromising.

Service History: Successful restoration of primary and secondary ice cap facilities. Successful repulsion of Virus forces from Northern region. Last transmission indicates restoration of ice-cap facilities resulted in AA-99 being disabled by ice. Awaiting recovery

This is the last of my Rider Units for now, a very loose adaptation of Frost. I went with a track design on this one as I feel it suits the snowy terrain

20 Likes

Heresy aside given how you built the frontfork, I love this design! The road wheels not only make sense for icy tracks, its suspension function is beautifully integrated.

3 Likes

Thanks!

It’s only a little heresy on the front :laughing:
I could have used balljoints instead - as far as I can see it would have lined up, but I’m out of white balljoints at the moment, and I didn’t want to have that shape there.

I’m really glad my choices with the wheels and tracks gave the impression I was aiming for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool RoboRider revamp! I really like the rugged, mechanical look of its chassis and the details like the guns and rear tread are great as well. Nice job!

2 Likes

I don’t see anything illegal there. At most, it might be flimsy since the wheels are essentially only supported on one side, but even that shouldn’t really be an issue, and there’s nothing wrong with a tile sitting inside a socket.

It should, and that would have been a neat creative technique.

2 Likes