Risebell's Self MOC Improvement topic

yeah, but I don’t really have much of an internet persona outside of Orrel. You are the Political Slime and Pot8o is well…a potato. I’m just Orrel.
Plus I can’t think of anything that could well represent me.

1 Like

I’ve always thought of you as a dinosaur due to your avatar. :slight_smile: You could always do that.

But I’m not saying that EVERYONE needs to have a non-Bionicle Self-MOC. I mean, we are part of the Bionicle community, so having your interpretation of yourself be a Toa or Matoran or Dark Hunter or whatever is perfectly normal.

You might be onto something…maybe with a brickbuilt head to represent the pixellated look.

And I guess you’re right, It’s just Orrel feels more or less like just another MOC who happens to have a similar in-story personality to me.

If I get the time, I might try to make Dino-me, but eh.

Well, I posted the MOC, heard you criticism(which was much appreciated) and decided to work on the legs and arms.
Credit to @Nyran, @Studentscissors , @Payinku and @Altron for helping with all of this. As well as everyone else who posted here. :smiley:
Consider this Rhys 3.2

Changes:
-Made much better arms and legs
-Heartlight added
I think it was Callan who said one’s self MOC is never finished, so expect more updates as things get improved and changed.

12 Likes

I really dig the update, as well as the Lateral Bicep Movement 8D

I think the slight hole between upper and lower legs might somehow be fixed, but it’s really not egregious, and I understand why it’s there.

Overall, he has a really nice greebly look, and I dig him.

2 Likes

Much improved. Very nice

2 Likes

First off
This looks nice
really really good improvement brah

but the upperlegs arent that good.
Arms are just gr8

uh, the connection joint for the arms
maybe put a tyre there
and thats about it
pretty nice!

2 Likes

Changing the name to Self MOC Improvement topic, since this does have several kinks to work out.

Pretty swiggity.
The arms are a major improvement, as are the legs.
The knee area seems a little empty, though. Not sure how to fix that with the current set up.

I’m trying this out:
v3.2.1

ATM I’m trying to find some good armor for the front and back of the thighs.
#The kanohi kneecaps are back.
but probably not to stay.

3 Likes

Not bad. I’d suggest some visorak legs on the side and maybe a small technic construct with a bohrok eye on the front.

edit, maybe on the technic construct, you could include that metru armor I see in the pic.

1 Like

Updated version: 3.3
http://imgur.com/gallery/iUhxo
Changes:
-Improved armor on legs and arms
-grey nipples
-given wing fins on arms
-RURU KNEECAPPS

8 Likes

You should add some sort of “Skirt” to the open ball joints on the thighs. Or if it fits with the character you could use one of the Hf ammo belt pieces (?) and try to attach trophies from past battles he’s won.

That is a great idea actually. I thought about having a custom cape made with some blue cloth, but didn’t because jetpacks. I may reconsider giving him some sort of trench coat if I can. Not sure what the belt pieces are though.

Update: I’ve editted the original topic post to include pictures of each update and links to past self MOCs.

2 Likes

By ammo belt pieces I meant the rubber tube like pieces that have holes along the length of them generally used to store flick fire missals like in Eevo xl machine.

I know a MOC is a good MOC, when I want to create something similar.
And I really want to make a Toa of Water using my blue Miru (Miru Mata though) now.
Great job!

1 Like

Aw yeah
mah boi

It looks beautiful

the legs on the side of the upper legs are awkward tho

otherwise, it looks almost perfect
uh
maybe tyres around the place where the lower arm connects to the hand?

Wow. that worked better than what I’d suggested. Thanks for not taking my advice!
Not sure about the wrist wings though. They add a sort of out of place sleekness to this otherwise bulky MOC.

You forgot to mention how they stick out exponentially.

1 Like

Alright alright forget the wing bits, I suppose I’ll use them for weapons.