Robo-Explorer

With the announcement of the Galaxy explorer, I knew that I had to update one of my older mocs. Despite not growing up with it, I still have a soft spot for classic space, and purchased a few of the spaceman packs that came out with the second lego movie. Inspired by the lego ideas Exo Suit, I decided to make my own classic space mech. Rather than tap into the more industrial, greebly aesthetic of the Exo-Suit, I instead wanted to go for something that payed homage to what I feel the original theme was all about, namely space exploration. To this end, I tried to go for a more friendly, rounded shape, aided by the large canopy peice that gives a clear view of the goings on in the vehicle. A bit larger than the Exo-Suit, the Robo-Explorer acts as a sort of mobile outpost, able to recieve and transmit data from the collection of antenna and satellite dishes affixed to the top. Equipped with two lights on either side of the cockpit, the Robo-Explorer and also be fitted with two heavy duty flood lamps, connecting to ports on both sides of the entry hatch. A single thruster is mounted to the back of the vehicle, assisting the Robo-Explorer with navigating difficult terrain, as well as helping to slow any drops it might experience. It’s roomy, air-tight cabin can house three astronauts, allowing multiple eyes and ears to be on the lookout for anything of interest. All in all, it’s a build I’m pretty happy with.

22 Likes

I really like this, dude. I think you hit the bullseye regarding the rounded friendly shape. It looks very peacable and adventurous and I would definitely buy it if it were a set.

10/10!

1 Like

Oho I really like the look of this thing. The shaping is great and I quite like how you managed to make it look like it would fit right in with other classic space stuff. Excellent work

1 Like

Well, that’s bulky. The handles for the minifig are really clever.

3 Likes

what a big boy

1 Like

This is amazing. I love the way that it looks like a Classic Space set, with the curves and angles and greebles. The smooth armor works well with the minimal greebling!

1 Like

ooo this looks great!

1 Like