Romance In Brickonicle? [POLL]

haha wow epic and based, just like matau

…oh. you’re being serious.

…Yeah, chief, this is the worst take. Gay people exist. If a work of fiction acknowledges the existence of romance, there is no good reason why it shouldn’t reflect the fundamentally diverse nature of romance. And, uh, hate to break it to you, but we’ve already got at least one gay Matoran already…

10 Likes

the thread got necro’d for this?

5 Likes

wait why

not liking gay people isn’t an opinion it’s just literally wrong

8 Likes

and it’s a prejudice I know many board members have unfortunately held…

4 Likes

Y’know how sometimes there’s this limbo state where you’re just sort of biding time until a mod can delete a few posts or close a topic?

I’m not quite sure if this is one of those but I’m definitely experiencing the associated feelings.

6 Likes

the weird home schooled evangelical kids of the fandom are still around i see :^)

3 Likes

Yes exactly
Can this conversation just be over

“I just don’t like gay people”
Refuses to elaborate
Wants to leave

2 Likes

Oi I’m home schooled

don’t be school ist

6 Likes

If I elaborated more you would just yell at me more.
I respectfully request that this conversation be over.

Because your position is unjustifiable, immature, irrational, nonsensical, and dare I say even unethical, and that’s not even accounting for what that says to any LGBT members here. But, to heed your request, this is where I shall end this, as there is nothing more that can or must be said.

8 Likes

Personally, I’m not a fan of introducing romance. Bionicle succeeds where so many IPs do not because of the fact of its setting’s utter seclusion from concepts we consider “familiar.”
Unlike something like Galidor, Star Wars, or Transformers, Bionicle is unique in that its universe is entirely separate from humanity and common concepts. The world of Bionicle isn’t just “another world,” like an isekai, but truly an entirely different world.
And likewise, many concepts we understand to be baseless in our world are fundamental in that of Bionicle. Consider the esoteric nature of the Protodermis purification process, or the fact that the inhabitants of the MU were not even sentient in the earliest days of its construction. These and many other key differences come together to make a world full of a unique and alien culture that is, despite all of the bells and whistles, still massively relatable. It doesn’t need love.
Also, I wouldn’t like to see any more straight characters than I absolutely have to.

4 Likes

Hey, I’m an evangelical homeschooled bonkle fan, and I still ended up with a transed gender and The Big Gay!

5 Likes

Probably best just to let it drop here. Their opinion is just that an opinion and regardless of weather we like it or not they are entitled to it same as we are entitled to ours. As a gay guy myself I don’t really like opinions like theirs but there are plenty of people that feel that way sadly and we do have to accept that.

2 Likes

Yes, we should do this. I hereby apologize to anyone that I may have offended.

2 Likes

Just no mask-bonking, if you know what I mean

How the message boards haven’t imploded because of this, I don’t know.

Edit: I really hope a mod destroys this entire topic. At this point nothing good can from it staying around, and I dare say it would be cancerous if kept alive.

6 Likes

Do matoran have tongues?

2 Likes

Love isn’t canon. Even in real life. (Everyone who says they are in love is just pretending!) Why should love be canon in BIONICLE?

6 Likes