FTFTFY

2 Likes

To quote

Clearly it needs to be

TahuXKopaka GaliXfemale Lewa PohatuXVoriki and onua is already married

2 Likes

to Bingzak

1 Like

The way I see it, love should at least be implied to exist somewhere within the lore, sort of like how it was vaguely done within G2.
As for showing it within the actual story, I suppose it could work for background characters (two Matoran enjoying a date, for example, only to be interrupted by a Rahi attack on the village), but keeping it out of the Toa’s team dynamic would probably be for the best. Watching on as Tahu overreacts to Gali stubbing her toe or something while Onua’s currently doused in fire and running around in the background begging for one of his teammates to finally put him out (probably wouldn’t play out exactly like that, but you get the point) really only makes me wonder why Makuta doesn’t just personally show up to completely annihilate them already.

3 Likes

JallerXHahli HewkiiXMacku RoodakaXSidorak (even if this one wasn’t really a true relationship)

@Timageness PFFFT! The Tahu one! XD

1 Like

What can I say? It’d be one heck of a steamy relationship.
In all seriousness though, I can understand why people would want it to be there and all, but what they sometimes neglect to realise is that it’s also essentially a gateway emotion as well. The above scenario was to simply point out that instinctually, the respective parties in question could prioritise the safety of each other at the expense of the rest of their teammates, but this is only one way out of many that things could potentially go horribly wrong.
Jumping sites for a moment, love, ironically, is also at least partially responsible for the differences between canon and the story of the BZPRPG. For those unfamiliar with that particular setting, everything from 2001 up to the first battle with Makuta is roughly the same, but with one key difference; Kopaka’s unrequited love for Gali and jealousy of Tahu, due to his position as leader and (memory’s a bit foggy in regards to this) his own personal relationship with her. Because of this, Makuta was basically able to convince him to pull a Vakama, causing him to betray the rest of the Mata at that one extremely pivotal moment, and thus leading up to the entire team essentially becoming his Shadow Toa generals. Needless to say, a lot of bad things happened as a result of this, including the deaths of not only Takua and every single member of the Chronicler’s Company, but also eventually all of the Turaga as well.
Another issue I’d like to address is the child example from above. When I was younger, my mother used to tell me that the day you are born is the day that your parents truly discover that they are capable of murder, which, while not necessarily true in all cases, would certainly come into conflict with both the Toa Code and the main ideals of Bionicle itself. Sure, a Toa can act all heroic towards the beginning of the story by protecting their respective village and fending off Rahi, but once your standard Villain of the Week runs off with their kid and starts making demands, it’s pretty much guaranteed that at some point, they’re going to break out their inner Liam Neeson in order to ensure their safety. And if that wrath just so happens to be redirected towards another teammate or the people they’re supposed to be saving, then it’s pretty much a safe bet that the situation’s about to go from bad to worse.
In short, while it theoretically could be implemented as a plot point to show character growth if done correctly, one would also have to consider the pitfalls of it’s inclusion as well, and if the results of doing so cause the heroes of a theme primarily meant for children do things that are entirely unheroic, then it might be best to simply skip over its involvement when it comes down to forming the main plot.

5 Likes

Here are my two cents.
I don’t care if it happens or not. But if there is, make it tame enough so that both the old fans and new can find it decent.

Hot air, as they say.

1 Like

No next time you just type what is love and see how many people respond like so:
WHAT IS LOVE?

2 Likes

The mental images tho

3 Likes

But sand is totally a romantic device.

My stance on this is that romance should definitely be allowed. I actually think it makes perfect sense for members of a team to grow romantic feelings. After all, they’re around each other constantly, so if they actually get to know each other better due to that, possible romantic feelings could arise.

Not saying this will definitely happen, it’s just a possibility.

1 Like

This isn’t some sports team, this is a group of warriors, love will just get in the way of the team dynamic. If you have two characters that have significantly more invested in each other than the rest of their team, that creates a serious conflict of interests.

Also, I want the toa to have the traditional familial bond they’ve had previously, which excludes romantic relations, I want them to basically adopt each other as family and have a mutual platonic love between them,
just because you have a male and female on a team doesn’t mean they have to become romantically involved.

1 Like

I disagree, I feel like even though two characters would be closer than the
Others, who would you save, your mother or girlfriend? Romance opens a greater loyalty between some
Characters and can punch them to their limits. I think it would mix well. Also there are married couples in the military…

I don’t remember anyone saying a toa would be the parent of another, who would you save, your friend or your girlfriend? My point is that the conflict of interests is a bad thing.

Which I’m saying is detrimental to the cohesion of the team.

Platonic love can do this as well.

1 how many are there?
2 how many are deployed together?
3 the modern military(to my knowledge and memory, if someone more knowledgeable needs to correct me feel free) specifically trains soldiers to not have that attachment during deployment because it is detrimental to the cohesion of the unit and their combat effectiveness, training a ragtag group wouldn’t have.

I’m saying romance will get everyone killed.

1 Like

I just slipped mother in there please feel free to swicht it with brother or sister.
Even with conducting interest the team can work to overcome that. Let’s say Tahu and Gali have a mutual love for each other…
Fisrt I would not make this a main part of the story, you can tell they are floss but also it is not thrown in your face. A few words or a monkey here and three sprinkled throughout the season. Something like how Maku and Hewki and shown. You know they care about each other but only see one moment where we can clearly see it. This is more what I would like and about the military that is not something I know off the top of my head.

1 Like

I did say it was only a possibility. It doesn’t have to happen. But it can.

So your saying warriors can’t have a personal life?

Right…

2 Likes

What? That’s not even close to what I said.

Of course they can have a personal life, did you not see me advocating for one of the toa being in a relationship from the start? I’m saying that the conflict of interests from romantic relations within the group is bad.

1 Like