Roodaka, Viceroy of the Visorak Horde

Very well done piece.

The lighting is nice and goes well with the pose to create an overall sinister impression that’s aided by the spooky looking throne she’s sitting on. I’m particularly fond of the ornamental styling of her hair and shoulder armor. The way the armor sits does a good job of accentuating that dreaded male gaze, which in most cases isn’t a good thing- but works given who this piece is portraying and is present enough to avoid looking overtly sexual when coupled with her pose.

I understand there’re a lot of complaints regarding the proportions, but I think it works. Roodaka isn’t a human being after all, so being confined to human proportions isn’t something to be overly concerned with. And given the elongated neck and frail lower legs, she definitely evokes a fairly successful “alien” vibe.

I believe this only really starts to fall apart due to how large the hips and thighs really are given the rest of her stature. Anatomically, it doesn’t seem like she would be able to stand very well with her weight being so unevenly distributed; this is something that could have been fixed by giving her more animalistic legs, but would have looked awkward in this pose and taken away from the more refined elegant appearance she currently has.

In the end, it doesn’t really matter. But still, something to consider.

1 Like

listen here kids, these are the important bits

so var, im too tired to write a big response so a small “hey, thanks man, ill see what i can do” should do it for today :v

7 Likes