Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

why isn’t it thursday again
then again it was thursday yesterday
i’ll be quiet now

1 Like

I know I do

@Crunchy
As with most internet series I’ve seen, watch it until the third episode or it won’t be interesting.

1 Like

Well, the fourth episode was a thing.

Fantastic animation, voice acting, and who am I kidding, this episode was just flat-out AWESOME!

1 Like

I have a bunch of favorite characters, but Yang is currently my favorite RWBY member. Ren takes my JNPR spot, but Nora’s very close behind. Neptune and Sun are pretty cool too.

And Episode 4 was just amazing. Seriously, one of the best episodes this season. The added length really helps this series shine.

How is there a topic on this site for EVERYTHING I like?! :smiley:
Glad to see there are other people besides myself that like Weiss the most!

Welcome to the Weiss fanclub.

We’ve been expecting you.

aw yea

ALSO, we recorded a RWBY review last night. It was a comprehensive review of the entire series thus far that ended up being more of a critique than anything (because if we spoke about all the stuff that we liked about it we’d have talked for way longer). We’ll talk more about the positives in the future when we do more reviews. :smile:

-Mesonak

5 Likes

yea man

That’s awesome! Are you gonna upload it to YouTube?

Yup! We’re not sure when, because we’ve got two unreleased podcast episodes and a Chima coverage to release, but I may release it on Tuesday or something.

-Mesonak

2 Likes

You know, I’m glad to be somewhere with other people who share one common interest with me: an Internet show about four cute anime girls with awesome weaponry who fight against monsters and criminals.

yeeaaaaah
also yang’s boobs defy physics

Here’s something for all of you that watched the fourth episode of Volume 2:

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-williams-55/die-rough

2 Likes

I wanted RWBY (and RvB) songs on Rock Band sooooooo bad :frowning:

remembers when they played “Can’t Trust Anybody Now” during the Gauntlet

1 Like

[ALRIGHT, our RWBY Coverage is live!][1]

Note: As I mentioned prior in a previous post, this review is a review of the series as a whole, and talks more on a technical level than anything else. What I mean by that is we spend a lot of our time discussing things like animation, voice acting, presentation, pacing, etc, as opposed to plot, characters, and the actual events that transpire in the series. Future coverages, if we make them a regular occurrence, will deal more with that stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:
[1]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK8DmfpbHb4

-Mesonak

5 Likes

I like how this fanmade opening captures the tone of the actual show, more so than other openings I’ve seen.

dude
I love you guys

Watching right now :smiley:

obtw
peter is best professor
peter is best port

Volume 2, Chapter 5.

Arkos is official now.

4 Likes

Provided she doesn’t die first, if the random focus episode was hinting at something.

That new episode was incredischway.

• -CRDL getting stomped
  • -Mercury vs. Pyrrha
  • Poor Sun ;_;
  • Poor Jaune ;_;
  • Poor Pyrrha ;_;
  • Villain trio doing things

T’was generally epic. My only complaint is the plothole generated by Pyrrha “not wanting to broadcast her magnet powers” yet having no qualms using them to throw soda cans around in the food fight of epic proportions.

BUT WHATEVA

-Mesonak

4 Likes

Someone convince me to watch RWBY. Do it. Please?

DO IT

IT’LL BE GRAND

Maximum enjoyment will be had if watched in one sitting.

-Mesonak

5 Likes

I added the YouTube playlist to my list so I can watch the whole thing over the weekend.

I watched the RWBY coverage and that inspired me to start watching it. In three or four days I finished it. It was great! There are a lot of pros and very few cons for me:

Pros:

Great story. Volume 2 was a huge improvement over Volume 1 when it comes to story execution.

Great characters. Most of the characters are relatively well developed in my opinion.

Everybody complains about the voice acting, but none of it bothers me. I think all the voices fit the characters

The animation is great. I don’t really care for anime, but this 3D animation inspired by anime is actually not bad

The fight scenes are excellent

Cons:

As I said, I don’t really care for anime style

And as for favorite characters, I couldn’t pick one. If I had to pick one, it might be either Pyrrha or Ruby, but all the characters are great.

Favorite weapons: certainly Crescent Rose. Yang’s wrist gun things are great too.

And Eljay, how can you dislike Blake and Nora?? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes